Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wii U

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 evti

evti

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:36 AM

I have been contemplating getting a Wii U, but also would like to know, first, if it is worth it. It's brand new, so the possibility of bugs is nearly 100%, it's just a matter of how severe they are. So, those of you who have one, please report. Those of you who want one, why or why not?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 scurvychef

scurvychef

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 PM

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

Well, considering they are pretty much all preordered and unavailable for the holidays unless you by them on Ebay or something from someone that will make an extra 100-150 dollars off of you, I would say maybe wait till them come back in stock and don't cost 500 dollars from a 3rd party dealer. plus, by then I am sure that all the holiday "beta testers" will tell you if they are buggy.

If I am not mistaken my old school wii has automatic updates, so I am sure that if there are any "bugs" or issues they will eventually come out in the wash..

That's my opinion on it. take it or leave it I suppose. Good Luck!, If you get one, please do report back on your ventures with it, as all my peeps are PS3 and xbox geeks, I feel like the only kid on the block with a wii sometimes.

#3 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,443 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:07 PM

I'm on what will most likely be one of my last consoles an Xbox360. If it wasnt for Forza, Gran Turismo, and The Final Fantasy series I wouldn't own one period. I've moved to 90% PC gaming now.

Posted Image

#4 Darkumas

Darkumas

• Members
  • 112 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 PM

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:31 AM

I have pretty much owned at one point or another probably 80% of all gaming systems down to the ever unpopular Jaguar :crazy: (yeah I know). As far as the Wii U goes I was contemplating getting it for my kids for Christmas but they are pretty much unavailable. I will most likely wait until the rush and the nostalgia is gone and the prices come down a bit before getting one. I like you like to wait until the first set of units are sold and the bugs are worked out, however as mentioned above I do believe it updates itself when an update is available.

#5 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,406 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:35 AM

Unless the Wii U is overpriced as the 3DS was at launch, I wouldn't expect Nintendo to lower prices anytime soon. Moreover, Nintendo didn't really update the original Wii hardware, only the software, so hardware-related bugs persist. However, the Wii U is the first Nintendo console I've owned since Gamecube. The Wii U does update itself, you can even do so in the background by canceling the update and going into Download Management later to complete the install.
Posted Image

#6 deedubbadoo

deedubbadoo

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

I've been watching some gameplay walkthroughs on Youtube just to get a better idea of the interaction between the player and the tablet. It seems like taking my eye off of the screen to look down at the tablet controller would take some getting used to. I've seen a little bit of both ZombieU and Super Mario Bros., but I'm still not completely sold. They are readily available where I am in Central Indiana. I was in Target last night and they had at least five of them, three black and two white. I immediately logged into ebay from my phone to see what they were going for, because I'm not too proud to not make a buck off of someone's eagerness. At the time they were going for $35-$40 over retail, not really worth the hassle. I might go ahead and grab one and see where prices go, if they shoot through the roof I'll sell it, if not, I'll keep it.

#7 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,406 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

I also thought looking down at the gamepad would take some getting used to, but with Assassin's Creed III anyway, it isn't intrusive. Frankly, I find the gamepad more comfortable than a PlayStation 3 controller, but it really is a personal preference sort of thing.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users