Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do i format my Hard Drive in Ubuntu 12.10

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LizardDown

LizardDown

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:51 AM

Hi
I purchased windows and would like to format my hard drive, but i cannot seem to find out where to do it in Ubuntu 12.10
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dethadder

Dethadder

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:10 AM

http://www.ubuntu.com/

Download the Image; you will make what is called a ‘live boot’ or ‘bootable’ disk. From there you will restart your computer. When it restarts, enter your BIOs configurations (Usually by pressing F8 or F10) and change the boot priority so that the CD/DVD bay is looked at before your main hard drive. From there you should see your system boot to the disk in a ‘live’ format. In other words, after you shutdown it will not be permanently installed. This is a good way to check out different flavors of linux.

:horse:

#3 LizardDown

LizardDown
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:08 PM

Thanks for the help :D

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 5,558 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:50 PM

You said you bought windows....if you have a Windows 7 or 8 install DVD then
that is all you need to do a clean install/ format hdd and install of Windows.

Am I missing something?

Are you planning to install Windows and then install Ubuntu on the same disk?

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”
Lawrence M. Krauss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users