Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

breach of privacy - what can the computer tell me?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 twothree

twothree

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 PM

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:37 AM

Hello,

I am just about computer illiterate but I have a problem whose resolution might involve knowing more about these machines.

Basically the story is this: In the context of work and, in particular, an ungracious colleague who was determined to shaft me, I forgot to log out of my computer one day. Given the information that subsequently circulated in the workplace (and on account of which I have gone to the discrimination unit) I was led to suspect that there was a breach of privacy, i.e. someone went into my computer, documents and email.

For a day in early October I hope to be able to determine:

- at what time I was logged out of the computer

- whether a particular file was opened

- whether anything in my email account was downloaded onto a flash or whatever

- whether someone could call up information on print jobs made from my computer or whether they could do so through another computer tied to the same network and printer (hope that makes sense).

Any information or tips would really be appreciated.

Regards, C.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users