Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

hangs on boot

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 KayakOH

KayakOH

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 PM

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:03 AM

I have a windows 8 computer that hangs on boot, about 2 seconds into the animation it freezes. This happens randomly and the computer will start normally after a reset. I have the minidumps but it says I am not allowed to upload.

I would greatly appreciate some help. I want to give this computer to a relative but I can't do it with these random problems. I have changed video cards, sound card, disabled unnecessary peripherals in the bios. The system is using two 80 gb IDE drives. The system ran flawlessly with windows 7.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KayakOH

KayakOH
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 PM

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:33 PM

Problem appears to be fixed. Reinstalled to the second hard drive. Suspect first hdd is bad.

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Bleep Bleep!

• Admin
  • 40,094 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 PM

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:45 PM

Thanks for letting us know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users