Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What program are good to have on?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Richard ken

Richard ken

• Members
  • 234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:11 PM

So I have been looking at some of the application in CCleaner and I noticed that it has a feature where it can turn off programs so I was wondering what programs I could turn off. Please look at the following pictures to see each categories from start up, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Context Menu. Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image So I just want to know what program are safe to switch off so I can slightly increase my performance since my computer lags a lot. Also one last question is, is it bad to have both Adobe Reader X and Adobe Acrobat 7 Pro on your laptop?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 5,889 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 PM

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:13 AM

From the browser's settings menu or options, look for the add-ons section to disable or tweak some or remove them completely. Do you have a particular issue with your computer? Ccleaner is mainly use for clearing your temp. files and could also be helpful in removing programs, no other. If you want to disable startup programs which are not needed during booting, you can try MS autoruns or startup lite by Malwarebytes.

Tekken

#3 dc3

dc3

Arachibutyrophobia

• Members
  • 17,923 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:05 PM

is it bad to have both Adobe Reader X and Adobe Acrobat 7 Pro on your laptop?

Adobe didn't support Reader and Acrobat together on the Windows platform until both were at version X (10). There are reports of conflicts running the two previous to version X.

I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.  Groucho Marx

#4 Richard ken

Richard ken
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 234 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

From the browser's settings menu or options, look for the add-ons section to disable or tweak some or remove them completely. Do you have a particular issue with your computer? Ccleaner is mainly use for clearing your temp. files and could also be helpful in removing programs, no other. If you want to disable startup programs which are not needed during booting, you can try MS autoruns or startup lite by Malwarebytes.

Well, I don't have much issue about my laptop, but it is old so I want to close some useless programs that I don't need because when I use the internet it starts to lag and when I check the Window task manager, I see a lot of program running so I thought maybe closing some of them would help.

Adobe didn't support Reader and Acrobat together on the Windows platform until both were at version X (10). There are reports of conflicts running the two previous to version X.

Just to clarify, it's bad to have Adobe Acrobat 7 pro with Adobe Reader X unless Adobe Acrobat is version X?

#5 dc3

dc3

Arachibutyrophobia

• Members
  • 17,923 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

Before the X version came out Adobe would suggest not running the two together.

#6 Richard ken

Richard ken
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 234 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

Before the X version came out Adobe would suggest not running the two together.

Is it fine to have both of them on the computer but not running at the same time?

#7 dc3

dc3

Arachibutyrophobia

• Members
  • 17,923 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

If you update to the newest versions you shouldn't have any problem having both of them loaded on your computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users