The aspects of the build that I need to work out are following:
1. how to set up Raid Storage drives inside the tower rather than going with the external unit below. Is it best to go 4x 1TB drives or 2x 2TB drives? Also, what type of controller is best for speed.
2. Whether to go with the Antec Mid Tower or Full Tower case, and what type of cooling accessories to purchase.
3. Compatibility of all the parts and the Power supply - is this large enough?
4. To go with an SSD for the boot drive or have the extra storage a normal 1TB 7200 rpm drive will provide.
5. Video cards -- just too many options it seems
While I am careful at assembly, I am sure my questions show that there are large gaps in my knowledge of this type of system.
The shopping list I put together on newegg:
Case: Antec Nine Hundred Two V3 Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Gaming Case
SSD Boot Drive:
Crucial M4 CT256M4SSD2 2.5" 256GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive
CPU: Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-E 3.6GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 2011 130W Quad-Core Desktop Processor
Graphics Card Candidates:
EVGA 012-P3-2078-KR GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 448 Cores (Fermi) Classified Ultra 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
EVGA 025-P3-1579-AR GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) HD 2560MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
EVGA 012-P3-1570-AR GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
Motherboard: ASUS P9X79 PRO LGA 2011 Intel X79 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with USB BIOS
PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL
Bluray Drive: Pioneer Black 12X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R 5X DVD-RAM 10X BD-ROM 4MB Cache SATA BDXL Blu-ray Burner BDR-207MBK
Edited by NYCTony, 06 November 2012 - 08:01 PM.