Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Battle Field 3 - Premium and Origin client will not launch

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 hYlAnDeR~TFC

hYlAnDeR~TFC

• Members
  • 232 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 AM

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:51 AM

I tried to play BF3 Premium this evening after taking about a 2 1/2 month break. I needed to finish off Diablo 3 with my first character, but I digress. So, I hit the BF3 icon on the desktop and nothing happens. Then, I realize that the Origin client is no longer on the tool bar. So, I hit the Origin client short cut on desktop and nothing happens. Tried to launch both Origin client and BF3 from start menu, same thing, nothing happens. I attempted to uninstall/reinstall origin client, and that was not successfull either. Next, tried to uninstall, but save data, and reinstall BF3, and that did not work either. The auto run and set up no longer works from the dvd game disc. I am only able to get to about 3 or 4 steps in the install process and then the installer just appears to die and nothing happens. Of course, EA tech support, whose kung fu is so expert, is completely baffled and they keep giving me instructions to fix my problem that have absolutely nothing to do with the problem. I turn off my fire wall, turn off all my antivirus/malware programs, and still no go. The game worked perfectly well 3 months ago, but evidently all I am left with at this moment is a $59.99 and $49.99 (premium -expansion purchase) Coffee and Beer/Ale/Stout coasters.

If anyone here can help me restore some faith back into the EA company and help in some way to get my game going, I would be truly thankful.

Thanks.
hYlAnDeR~TFC~
[OF/FA] Orion Faction-Retired
Game Squad Fleet Admiral~Retired

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hYlAnDeR~TFC

hYlAnDeR~TFC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 232 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

I'll hold off from any assistance with this thread for now, unless you folks deem it necessary. I am making some progress with the EA/Origin tech team support. I have about 7 different EA/Origin tech people assisting me at the moment and it is like a flying circus of comedy. On a good note though, I was just able to finally via manual method, manually uninstall the Origin client and Bf3 from the system. I reinstalled the Origin client successfully, but unfortunately I get an error message when attempting to reinstall Bf3. Error msg states, "This code has already been used." So, perhaps my Game DVD disc code has been hacked. Dunno for sure, but will wait and see.
hYlAnDeR~TFC~

#3 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,256 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:13 PM

Hey sorry, I just saw this thread. Sounds like it maybe something you have to work out with EA, especially if theres a chance your account was hacked, though if EA can't get it fixed, post here again and we can see what we can do. Again, sorry for overlooking you.
Posted Image
Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: ASUS ATI 4890 and a Saphire 4890 in Crossfire, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.
Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte 4550, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: OCZ Fatal1ty 550 watt modular PSU, OS: Windows 7 Ultimate.
If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#4 hYlAnDeR~TFC

hYlAnDeR~TFC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 232 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

No worries,

I appreciate the pushback. I am still doing my best to be patient and work with them, but at the moment, it is akin to talking to a wall of concrete with anyone from EA. They just now responded to me by saying that they want all my origin/EA account info, user name, email name, key code again because now their records indicated that I am not the person originally assigned to the key code that came with my game. When I read that, my jaw literally dropped onto my keyboard. At that point I emailed back and requested to speak with a supv or mgr because this is getting pretty ridiculous after about 15 emails or so.

So, I will do my best to see if they can help me. But, I am almost at the point to give up. And, in giving up, I almost don't give a dookie about the $49.99 premium extra after paying $59.99 for the original game, that I paid for in lieu of the fact that I will not enjoy the 2 or 3 expansions due out this year and next year.

Stay tuned....
hYlAnDeR~TFC~

#5 hYlAnDeR~TFC

hYlAnDeR~TFC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 232 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:54 AM

got a reply back from EA/Origin after almost 3 days of silence from them. They said they are going to finally elevate my help ticket to the next level in order to find a solution to the problem. Granted, I am not holding my breath for too long , that is for sure. However, they said that due to the overwhelming volume of help tickets, that it will be a minimum of 1 to 2 weeks before they will be able to further assist me. So, I guess I will just have to wait it out for a couple weeks to see what they can do. I did respectfully request, that if they cannot resolve this issue and get my game going again, to refund me for both the original purchase of BF3 and the BF3 premium, $59.99 and $49.99 respectively. Maybe not alot of cash for some folks, but it sure is to me. Either way, this is the 2nd major BF3 crash I have had in months of owning the game, and I am truly sad to admit, but I am really dissappointed in both the game and especially with the tech/support help from EA/Origin. There is no way they can even remotely be on the JD Powers list for customer satisfaction.

I'll be back once I hear something back from them... hopefully soon.
hYlAnDeR~TFC~

#6 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,256 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:29 AM

unfortunatly, EA is a large company, and BF3 is a huge game-and if this is a common problem, there is the very real chance that they are backlogged and cant do anything about it yet, but sometimes patience does win out in the end.
Posted Image
Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: ASUS ATI 4890 and a Saphire 4890 in Crossfire, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.
Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte 4550, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: OCZ Fatal1ty 550 watt modular PSU, OS: Windows 7 Ultimate.
If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#7 hYlAnDeR~TFC

hYlAnDeR~TFC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 232 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:51 PM

CLOSE THIS TICKET.

My router was the culprit! After taking my cable modem line and plugging it directly into my computer by-passing my router, all my games ran just fine, especially BF3! Evidently, since 2 of my 4 router ports were malfunctioning, it was losing the necessary packets causing punk buster to disconnect me from the server. I purchased a new Netgear R6200 and everything works great now!

Thanks again for all your help and have a Merry Christmas!
hYlAnDeR~TFC~

#8 rotor123

rotor123

• 7,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 AM

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

Thanks for reporting the resolution to this problem.
That may help someone else in the future.

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

101 @ September 17

#9 mymyself

mymyself

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 AM

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:37 AM

I wonder whether to buy Battlefield 3 Premium or not. I saw it for 29 at Go2Arena. I think it's good price for that. But i don't want to have a problems like you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users