BLEEPINGCOMPUTER NEEDS YOUR HELP!
BleepingComputer is being sued by Enigma Software because of a negative review of SpyHunter.
A case like this could easily cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. If we have ever helped you in the past, please consider helping us. To learn more and to read the lawsuit, click here.
CONTRIBUTE TO OUR LEGAL DEFENSE
All unused funds will be donated to the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF).
LET OTHERS KNOW
Remote Desktop Issue
Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:32 PM
AppName: mstsc.exe AppVer: 6.0.6001.18589 ModName: mstscax.dll
ModVer: 6.0.6001.18589 Offset: 0015c273
now if i don't chose to close or "DO NOT SEND" if i just leave the message open i can use remote desktop as soon as i respond to the message it shuts my remote desktop down. I am using windows xp SP3 remoting into a windows 2008 terminal services machine. Any help would be appreciated.
BC AdBot (Login to Remove)
Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:28 PM
You can try this, it worked for me
- Stop the process mstsc.exe
- Create a new folder "RDP" in %windir%
- Copy "mstsc.exe" and "mstscax.dll" from "C:\Windows\ $NtServicePackUninstall$" to this folder
- Copy the folder "en-US" "from C:\Windows\System32" to this folder
- Copy the "mstsc.exe.mui" and "mstscax.dll.mui" from "C:\Windows\
$NtServicePackUninstall$" to "C:\Windows\RDP\en-US"
- Change RDP shortcut to ""C:\Windows\RDP\mstsc.exe"
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users