Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ukash (unable to use Safe Mode)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nerf

Nerf

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:50 AM

Hi !

I have got the Ukash virus/malware on my Win Xp computer.
The big problem is that I cant use Safe Mode in any modes (network/command) so I'm locked.
I have used "Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10" and "Windows Defender Offline" today (updated) as boot-cd, after scan was complete I deleted every threat but I still cant start the computer without getting the Ukash to block all access to my computer.

Regards / Robin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 etavares

etavares

Bleepin' Remover

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 14,290 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:24 PM

Hi Nerf,

My name is etavares and I'll be helping you with this thread. Now that we are working together, please only follow the instructions I provide. Please don't run any additional scans yourself, or we'll be working against each other. Please also reply within 48 hours of my posts or this thread will be closed and I will move on to helping other members. It's OK if you'll be gone for a bit, just let me know in advance.

A few questions to get started:
  • What happens when you try safe mode? Does Ukash pop up? Or does it not load?
  • Do you have access to a working computer and a CD burner or blank USB flash drive?

Thanks,
-etavares

If I don't respond within 2 days, please feel free to PM me.
Please don't ask for help via PM. The forums are there for a reason. Please post in the forums so others may benefit as well.

unite_teal.png
Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

#3 etavares

etavares

Bleepin' Remover

• 14,290 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

HI, do you still need help?

Please don't ask for help via PM. The forums are there for a reason. Please post in the forums so others may benefit as well.

unite_teal.png

#4 etavares

etavares

Bleepin' Remover

• 14,290 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:41 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days. Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

unite_teal.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users