Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iPad/iPhone/Vista laptop all hacked

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 2IninitynByond

2IninitynByond

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 PM

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

Hello all,
My first post and I am hoping that someone here can help. I am curious if anyone has had a similar issue where they have had all their electronics hacked ? My problems started some time ago, 8 mos ago. Receiving fictitious carrier updates on my cell phone and foolishly I clicked away. Inviting the hacker into my world, my life. It has been an endless struggle, a never ending nightmare since. This person has gained full control over my devices, iPhone, iPad, and laptop. This person remotely uses my phone whenever they seem necessary, turns on the mic and listens in on ambient, room conversations. My SMS texts are intercepted and sometimes deleted, or created by him/her and sent out. My iPad has been infiltrated, redirected and has numerous issues. Battery drain is a big issue, I have deleted the few apps I did download, which was 5, thinking maybe one was compromised. But the battery drain is worse then ever. Draining at record speeds. The screen flashes, text disappears before my eyes.. Emails have disappeared before my eyes as I watch in horror or I see remote entry of text. I have tried resetting everything to factory reset but he/ her come back with a vengeance. I do not kno what to do anymore. I have filed police reports, called my Internet/ cell company, Apple and added back up virus protection which for iPad, there is nothing out there. I do have McAfee running on laptop. This person has altered forms that I filled out on line and had them sent to another address/ town, that I had no clue what happened to them until I received a call that they were returned from the address that received them and returned due to me not living there. That's when the company alerted me. I knew then that this person was altering everything I was doing on line. This person has hacked my Facebook acct and posted icons that I am not able to delete, they disabled my ability to delete anything they post. I tried reporting it to Facebook but, again you are limited to reporting anything to them, they tell you to change your password. Which is no help at all..
I am hoping someone, anyone can help. I have researched extensively on the Internet spyware. I have found programs that someone very easily can download for free on sites that have the capabilities of remotely sending spyware to people through texts, emails and phone calls. The call only needs to sink up to the targets phone for thirty seconds, wheather one answers the call or it goes to voicemail. That's it, 30 seconds and your life is ruined. These hackers have full control over your life and everything you do. You find yourself covering your phone in fear that they are listening. Believe me I know for a fact they are listening. Things that were said in private, behind closed doors, that only my phone/iPad could know was later emailed, posted ... So the truth is there. And no one, absolutely no one had access to my phone it had to be done remotely, as with my iPad. Both done through remote access.

If someone can lead me in a direction, any direction to get help, not just telling me to rest, or visit Apple, which denies, denies, and more denies..but, something that will give me real help, to fix this nightmare and find this crazy pervert that is stalking me and ruining my life...Thank you to everyone and to this site for allowing me the opportunity to post...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 33,702 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 AM

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:21 PM

Hi,

Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.
  • Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

• Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

• Please reply to this post so I know you are there.
The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.

Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.

[If I have helped you fix your PC then please donate. Thanks
jetian6yw.jpg
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

#3 2IninitynByond

2IninitynByond
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 PM

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:42 PM

Hello Mole.
I am very thankful for your reply and I am hoping you will be able to somewhat stop, or alter this endless nightmare. I have taken both my iPad 2 and iPhone 3GS to apple three days ago. Only after being on the phone with them for 2 hrs. They witnessed the attack in real time. As I hopped from iPad, to laptop, to another laptop trying to get back into iTunes to reset my email address and passwords. The hacker had changed my email address in iTunes to one that was not mine. Apple tried for over two hours to sort it out. As I was unable to get onto either of my devices or into my actual email for them to send me a reset link I asked them to send it to another email acct and that I was going to use my husbands laptop to try and get into the link. It was then that we both knew, apple and myself that the hacker had full control over all devices in my home. Each time I tried to log into my husbands email acct, through his laptop, I could see that he had mail on the AOL screen. But, as soon as I tried to click on it the screen would go blank, white out. I tried numerous times opening up additional windows trying to get into his email to get to the link. I finally was able after my fourth try. After clicking the new link, that apple sent, and going to iTunes with apple assist on the phone with me I was instructed to delete the fictitious email acct the hacker made. By clicking the edit button, and clicking all edit buttons to change password and alternate email accts. but the strange part was that all edit links were disabled. The hacker disabled every last edit link, blocking me out from changing, editing any of my private profile information. Apple was indeed in shock. We tried numerous attempts to go in, signing in and out to get the edit links to work but we were unable. Finally the apple rep said this was way above them and I had to visit an apple store. They set me up with an appt the next day with the closest apple support store in my area. The rep was baffled how this could happen, how they witnessed me jumping from comp, laptop to laptop, iPad to laptop and the hacker following and shutting me out remotely from each device.
I brought the devices to apple the next day. I explained everything to them and again they looked bemused and shocked. I told them what happened the day before while on the phone with an apple rep and my being blocked from iTunes, not able to edit. They did not deny that this could happen, they told me that I needed to follow up with the police which I have. They wiped out my devices and reinstalled new programs on each device. Telling me that they are encrypted military grade and no hacker could bypass. I said to them I know this is what you are trained to say and you must tell me this but I beg to differ with you. I do not believe at any time that my devices are secure due to this military grade encryption you speak of, because if they were I would not be here now.

I left apple and it took not more then 10 hrs before they were back. My iPad was glitching, pages that I did not go to appeared on my screen as if the hacker wanted me to read and know they are back, taunting me. I turned my iPad off at night, before bed and by morning it was on and all settings were undone. My pass code was deleted and I was unable to put another pass code back into my iPad. Even though it was turned on, pass code setting, I was not getting a pass code on my screen and could not turn off or on the setting. It was another disabled button, link. The hacker has full control over everything .. He listens in on my devices and makes it clear that he is. Posting on sites what he has heard or sending an email ...
I am not sure if you or anyone can help me. I absolutely appreciate you trying though. I am very, very grateful.

#4 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• 33,702 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

Okay, we have a lot of issues here. The biggest issue is whether this is actually possible - the answer is yes, but the other question is why a hacker would control your devices for a length of time. The only reason a hacker would target one person is for money. Has any money been stolen from you? Also, if a hacker really was controlling your devices then why let you post on this website?

I needed to follow up with the police which I have. They wiped out my devices and reinstalled new programs on each device. Telling me that they are encrypted military grade and no hacker could bypass.

No police force would take your devices and reinstall programs on them. They would not have the ability. On top of that they would not say that they were encrypted at military grade - they haven't got the capacity and would not have military grade software anyway. Also there is no way to encrypt a system by installing software. They would also not say that no hacker could bypass it because a fact of life is that hackers can always bypass security.

So we have to assume that you are not being hacked and that you may have some problems with your machine which are not caused by a lone hacker.

Please run aswMBR and OTL so we can take a look at your laptop - your other devices can't be dealt with on this forum but the known malware is not capable of sophisticated hacking that you are seeing. The Apple staff you contacted would have thought the same.

Please download aswMBR ( 511KB ) to your desktop.
  • Double click the aswMBR.exe icon to run it
  • Click the Scan button to start the scan
  • On completion of the scan, click the save log button, save it to your desktop and post it in your next reply.

And

• Please download OTL
  • Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the Posted Image icon on your desktop.
  • Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.
  • Push the Posted Image button.

jetian6yw.jpg

#5 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• 33,702 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days. Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.
jetian6yw.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users