Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Joomla or Wordpress

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 krneki

krneki

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:54 AM

I'm going to create new CMS website, but I cannot decide which one to use - Joomla or Wordpress. I have some experience with Joomla as I already created 4 websites using version 1.5, but on the other side I have none experience with Wordpress. I know that decision should be based on what I need, so here is an example: http://www.velejapark.com/ . My site will be a bit less comprehensive, but in addition it should have nice image gallery. Please have in mind that I need similar functionality as the map which you can see under "ponudba" -> "- trgovine". I'm not sure if that can be done with either, but lets be optimistic.

Template is going to be greenish as well. Oh, I must not forgot that my programming skills are very limited so please keep that in mind as well.

Thanks for advices and suggestions in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:08 AM

Sorry. Showing us a web site doesn't tell us anything about what you need. Have you tried googling for difference between wordpress and joomla. You should find enough information that you can make an informed decision based on your own needs.

#3 Cydrobolt

Cydrobolt

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

Here's my bottom line : Joomla is for people that like taking a long time tweaking the settings and adding stuff. WordPress is easy to use and very user friendly. If are going to periodically add items to your site, or want to make it quickly, then WordPress is for you.

#4 KamakaZ

KamakaZ

• Members
  • 739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 PM

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

I'd say wordpress would be your best bet, best option would be to find a (free or commercial) theme that you like since your programming skills are limited, and upload to your site. There are heaps of videos on YouTube that can run you through how to configure Wordpress, the documentation on Wordpress is pretty good too.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
There are 10 types of people in the world, those that can read binary, and those who can't.

#5 graphicsman

graphicsman

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:47 AM

wordpress has better development options than joomla. Joomla admin panel does have a better display but Joomla has nothing on Wordpress in regards to options.

#6 forum junkie

forum junkie

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

WP is by far the most popular but this doesn't automatically mean you should choose it.

I didn't even check out this video myself yet but I usually go on youtube when I'm wondering about something like this:

#7 ronifinder

ronifinder

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:18 AM

Hi Krenki,
I prefer to go with Wordpress, because which performs good and also it is very helpful to indexing purpose in search engines....by this you can promote your website easily..

#8 mr roman

mr roman

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:38 AM

If your going for a blog/news site go for WP. Its easier.

But in my own personal opinion Joomla is better. I'm highly skilled in PHP and working with its back-end is a breeze!
I was able to pick it up in a matter of minutes and make my own plugins without much reading.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users