bootmgr is missing no vista disk
Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:19 AM
BC AdBot (Login to Remove)
Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:28 AM
You haven't supplied very much useful info, IMO. More background details about your situation could not hurt your cause.
Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:36 AM
I am aware that the files are the same for vista and 7, but if I boot from a 7 disk and choose repair my computer, it tells me its not compatible, and to use a disk that is, namely a disk I do not have.
Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:30 PM
manufacturer and model of system
how you came about acquiring a system that doesn't boot properly and for which you have no means of installing/repairing
whether or not you have ever seen the system fully functional/operational and...if not, then what makes you think that it's worth the time/energy you are putting into it?
Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:48 PM
1) To start your Vista PC in Safe Mode, press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts.
2) Select a Keyboard layout and click Next
3) If prompted, enter your username and password, click OK
4) Now click Startup Repair and follow the on-screen prompts
5) Your computer may reboot several times during the procedure, which is normal so don't worry
6) If this fixes your problem, you can start your computer normally
***If you don't see Repair your Computer option when you start your computer in Safe Mode, try the next method
1) Restart your Vista computer in Safe Mode again and open Command Prompt
2) In Command Prompt window, type ‘bootrec.exe’ (without quotes) and hit the Enter key.
3) Type ‘bcdedit /export C:\BCD_Backup’ and hit the Enter key.
4) Type ‘C:’ and hit the Enter key. This will take you in the C: drive.
5) Type ‘cd boot’ and hit Enter. Type ‘attrib bcd –s –h –r’ and hit the Enter key.
6) Type ‘ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old’ and hit the Enter key.
7) Type ‘bootrec /RebuildBcd’ and hit Enter. This will rebuild the Boot Configuration Data (BCD) store and fix the boot manager missing error.
8) Exit the Command Prompt window and restart your computer.
P.S. Your computer will reboot several times during this procedure
P.S. please let me know if it fixes your problem or not..