Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Freaking virus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Spike Spiegel Bebop

Spike Spiegel Bebop

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:10 AM

Virus disables Wireless, USB, Device manager and prevents from restarting, turning off and getting into standby.

Original Title: Can't get rid of this f****** virus. It disables Wireless, USB, Device manager and prevents from restarting, turning off and getting into standby.

at first I thought it was the virus goingonearth.com, but it simply keeps coming back and disabling my wireless drivers, it also disables the Device manager functionality, it prevents me from restarting, turning off, or getting the computer in standby mode. It prevents me from using the USB.

It's so annoying, I don't know what to do, I've used every single option I could:

Combofix
DelPsGuard
SpyBot Search and destroy
Malware Bytes antimalware (Pro edition)
Super Antispyware
CC Cleaner
hijackthis
Bitdefender professional 2013

Now I'm trying to install the security update KB2686509, and I can't, I'm getting this error in the log file:

4.844: Update.exe extended error code = 0xf0f4
4.844: Update.exe return code was masked to 0x643 for MSI custom action compliance.

I suspect it has something to do with this malware problem.

This is my text from support forum, they told me to come here in answers community and ask:

-------------------
-------------------
-------------------

I had this problem before on windows 7, moved to XP, and still have the same problem.

I used XP during 3 days without any problem, now it`s back again!

After 5 - 10 minutes I lose my wireless connection, look in the device manager, see no wireless hardware anymore, not even an exclamation point, it`s like it isn`t connected to computer, and windows will show something in the task bar saying `usb device not recognized`. Right now you must be thinking I have a hardware issue, right? No. Even if I use a USB wireless adapter, I`ll have the same problem. And there is more > I can`t restart my computer when that happens, Windows will just stay in that window saying that the settings are being saved.

My wireless will work only when I restart my pc. Reinstalling the drivers won`t help.

Last time I ran a virus scan, found nothing.

-------------------

-------------------

-------------------

This is the last report I got from Combofix after running it in safemode:
http://www.axifile.com/en/C7DAD9683F

And this is the quarantined files report:
http://www.axifile.com/en/43B5B09082

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 33,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 AM

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:48 PM

Hi,

Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.
  • Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

• Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

• Please reply to this post so I know you are there.
The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.

----------------------------------------------

Please download aswMBR ( 511KB ) to your desktop.
  • Double click the aswMBR.exe icon to run it
  • Click the Scan button to start the scan
  • On completion of the scan, click the save log button, save it to your desktop and post it in your next reply.

[If I have helped you fix your PC then please donate. Thanks
jetian6yw.jpg
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

#3 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 33,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 AM

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:53 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days. Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.
[If I have helped you fix your PC then please donate. Thanks
jetian6yw.jpg
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users