Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to remove Xfinity software from Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 haiyun211

haiyun211

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 PM

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:44 PM

Hi,

I am trying to remove the xfinity software from my computer and it does not show up in remove programs. I have spent all day looking for ways of removing it and none of them seem to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 27,756 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:56 PM

What software exactly? They have several branded products.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown

Posted Image

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 haiyun211

haiyun211
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:01 AM

There toolbar, xfinity tv, Constant Guard, Xfinity connect.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

Almost Retired

• Members
  • 9,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:38 AM

Hi -
Download Adware Cleaner run it as admin Click the SEARCH button allow it to run, and post the log it creates.
AdWare Cleaner

Thank You -

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R. I. T.S. (and proud of it)

• Global Moderator
  • 9,445 posts
  •  
  • Location:Tuscaloosa, Alabama. No, I am not an Alabama fan. WAR EAGLE!!!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:31 AM

At this point there is no need to run Adware Cleaner.

There toolbar, xfinity tv, Constant Guard, Xfinity connect.

What Xfinity TV and Xfinity Connect software? There is no software for these two since they are web pages. (There are links to Xfinity Connect and Xfinity TV on the Xfinity toolbar.)

The toolbar is listed as Xfinity Toolbar in Add Remove.

For Constant Guard while in Add Remove look for Constant Guard Protection Suite. This will remove Constant Guard but will not remove the Norton portion.

If you do not want to keep Norton you will have uninstall it.

Another component listed in Add Remove is Guarded ID, which can be safely removed.

For any questions or issues with uninstalling here is my suggestion:

Post in the Comcast Help Forums. If nothing else, your issue can be escalated to the forum administrator who can set the wheels in motion for a resolution.

Those Forums are provided to Comcast customers, and are a great resource for vendor specific issues. There are Forums for computer issues, email issues, security, internet, cable tv, CDV, billing, and customer service.
Many times we, the users there, can provide answers tech support and customer service can't.

Click the link below. The forum landing page will open. Click Sign In. Log in with your Comcast user ID (the part before .net) and your password. You will next see a first time forum users page, asking you to choose a screen name for use in the Forums. Once you set that up, you'll be taken back to the landing page. PLEASE DO NOT USE YOUR COMCAST EMAIL NAME FOR YOUR FORUM USER NAME.

http://forums.comcast.com/

Before posting, take a moment to read the Posting Guidelines. The link is on the top right hand side of the page.

Then choose the appropriate board to post in. In your case it would be the Security forum. There are Norton experts who monitor that forum.

One thing to be aware of: By default you will be notified via email every time someone replies to a topic you have started or replied in. If you do not wish to receive the notifications you can disable them by clicking My Settings/Subscriptions & Bookmarks tab. Uncheck the box next to Automatically subscribe me to topics I participate in. Scroll down and click Save.

(Once you get to the forum, save the page to your favorites/bookmarks. If you want to get to it from the Comcast home page, you have to jump through hoops to reach it)

Edited by Queen-Evie, 20 September 2012 - 10:38 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users