Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Webpage Adjust To Resolution To Monitor Auto

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 afterhours

afterhours

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 16 March 2006 - 10:34 AM

I'm having huge trouble trying to figure out how to make my webpage make full use of the resolutions for the monitor being viewed.

Exactly like Newegg.com.

I view their page on a 1024 resolution, and I have another monitor that has 1280x1024 resoultion, the page full fills both screens.

Any one know where I can obtain this script?

Cheers,
Jim
~VAIO~

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• 9,955 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2006 - 09:27 PM

Did you perhaps view the source of the page to see what it is that they did? I have stol... um borrowed lots of things that way. :thumbsup:

#3 afterhours

afterhours
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2006 - 11:08 AM

Did you perhaps view the source of the page to see what it is that they did? I have stol... um borrowed lots of things that way. :thumbsup:

Lol. I've already been looking through with the NotePad. Not sure what to look for.

I tried "width 100%" but didn't seem to work. Also something with "page ID" :flowers:
~VAIO~

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• 9,955 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2006 - 11:14 AM

You are looking for a bit of code, probably javascript that says something like "get resolution", or getScreenWidth" or something like that.

Width 100% should make whatever it is that you are doing fill the entire width though. If it isn't working, then you may have a typo in your html.

#5 nosnhoj#3

nosnhoj#3

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 31 March 2006 - 07:08 AM

Hello,

I know it is belated, but here is my two cents anywho.
Using CSS, with a 28px x 1200px (width x height) image for my background, I was able to click the edge of the screen and drag the screen all the way, centering all my contents. My horizontal navbar also used a repeating background to auto-size to the resolution of a given users screen, and it also expanded the entire width of the two monitors. I must say though, if the page is small, the results are quit humerous.

I also have two monitors, with different resolutions and both screens were filled totally. Showing people this always manifests, oooh's and aaaah's. As far as a script or server side include im sure there is one out there somewhere, but it can be accomplished with CSS and XHTML.

nos :thumbsup:
When I'm right, I'm right....
And when I'm wrong, I could have been right....
So I'm still right, cause I could have been wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users