Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Too many iexplore.exe running in my Task manager

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 iFaust

iFaust

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 AM

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:53 AM

Hi there!

I've been searching in google on how to remove this multiple iexplore.exe process in my task manager and i ended up here in your forum. I don't even use Internet Explorer as my browser but as soon as my laptop starts and i open my task manager, it always starts these iexplorer.exe and it seems to suck all of my memory's usage. I started to notice this problem these past few days cause my laptop seems to be overheating and i don't even run any high-end programs. I hope you guys can fix my problem and could give me advice. Oh and BTW im not that tech-savy comp thing so please bear with me. Im using a HP Laptop with Windows 7 OS and a Pentium Dual core CPU @2.20GHz.

Attached File  Untitled.jpg   286.84KB   6 downloads

Oh and BTW whenever i tried to click on the DDS link, it wont allow me to download the file. It says Problem loading page. Same as with the GMER file.

Edited by iFaust, 17 September 2012 - 02:12 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 schrauber

schrauber

Mr.Mechanic

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 23,303 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 AM

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:57 AM

Hello, iFaust
Welcome to the Bleeping Computer Forums. My name is Thomas (Tom is fine), and I will be helping you fixing your problems.

If you do not make a reply in 4-5 days, we will have to close your topic.

Please take note of some guidelines for this fix:
  • Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running scanners or tools. Doing so could cause changes to the directions I have to give you and prolong the time required. Further more, you should not be taking any advice relating to this computer from any other source throughout the course of this fix.
  • If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.
  • Even if things appear to be better, it might not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions and reply back until I give you the "all clean". We do not want to clean you part-way, only to have the system re-infect itself.
  • Please reply using the Posted Image button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.
  • Old topics are closed after 3 days with no reply, and working topics are closed after 5 days. If for any reason you cannot complete instructions within that time, that's fine, just post back here so that we know you're still here.
  • Please set your system to show all files.
    Click Start, open My Computer, select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
    Select the View Tab. Under the Hidden files and folders heading, select Show hidden files and folders.
    Uncheck: Hide file extensions for known file types
    Uncheck the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.
    Click Yes to confirm.

Please try to download this, or download it on another system and transfer it to the infected one with a flash drive.

• Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:
  • Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the Posted Image icon on your desktop.
  • Push the Scan button.
  • Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:
    • OTL.txt <-- Will be opened
    • Extra.txt <-- Will be minimized

Please download aswMBR ( 511KB ) to your desktop.
  • Double click the aswMBR.exe icon to run it
  • Click the Scan button to start the scan
  • On completion of the scan, click the save log button, save it to your desktop and post it in your next reply.

regards,
schrauber

Posted Image
Posted Image

If I've not posted back within 48 hrs., feel free to send a PM with your topic link. Thank you!

If I have helped you then please consider donating to continue the fight against malware Posted Image

#3 schrauber

schrauber

Mr.Mechanic

• 23,303 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:34 PM

Still with me?
regards,
schrauber

Posted Image
Posted Image

If I've not posted back within 48 hrs., feel free to send a PM with your topic link. Thank you!

If I have helped you then please consider donating to continue the fight against malware Posted Image

#4 schrauber

schrauber

Mr.Mechanic

• 23,303 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:08 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days. Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.
regards,
schrauber

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users