Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can Tablet (Wifi version) install & use Whatsapp ?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cuhkwan

cuhkwan

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 AM

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:28 AM

Hi forum,

I know smartphone can download & install the app "whatsapp" for IM communication because it has a SIM slot to do so.

But what about tablet ? If a tablet without SIM slot, only Wifi version connect to internet, can this kind of spec install & use "Whatsapp" ? Because there is no SIM, then there is no mobile telephone number, so I want to know if there is any other way to have using "Whatsapp".

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,010 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 PM

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:12 PM

There are other alternatives, depending on the brand and OS your tablet is using. The Samsung Tablet Galaxy tab 7 as an example, can download and use "fring" or "viber". Viber is also used on iphones which means it is compatible on selected android running devices and iphone ios.

Tekken

#3 cuhkwan

cuhkwan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:28 PM

Thanks for the suggested alternatives. I never heard of them without you.

By the way, it also means that I can't use "Whatsapp" in the case of a tablet with only Wifi version, because it has no 3G SIM slot, right ?

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,010 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 PM

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:30 PM

I guess you have to buy another smartphone that supports whatapps... :lol: The only known software for voice calls that is workable http://www.viber.com/

Tekken

#5 cuhkwan

cuhkwan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:06 PM

Thanks.

#6 seooffpage

seooffpage

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:03 AM

Yes you can install whatsapp in your tablet. You can installed it through android market.

#7 seooffpage

seooffpage

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:34 AM

Yes you can install whatsapp on phone.
go to /data/app and copy the apk with whatsapp icon and transfer it to the tab.
Install it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users