Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AMD fuel service

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rodarian

rodarian

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:15 PM

So my question is, what is amd fuel service and is it really something I need enabled? I get sooooo many errors with it that I just finally disabled it. I don't overclock and my understanding is, that's what it's for. Is this right or should I go back and enable it again?
Thank you for listening,

Rod

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,163 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:47 PM

Im not entirely sure, im not finding much on it, however its tied in with the CCC, and from what I can tell you can disable it if you want. In fact, if you want you can just uninstall the CCC-if you dont overclock, its not really needed and just download the display driver by itself here
Posted Image
Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: ASUS ATI 4890 and a Saphire 4890 in Crossfire, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.
Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte 4550, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: OCZ Fatal1ty 550 watt modular PSU, OS: Windows 7 Ultimate.
If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 rodarian

rodarian
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:07 PM

Thanks patriot, I have disabled it and I can assure everyone that I am not experiencing and difference in my gaming. It's the same with it enabled as it is disabled. Thank you for the link to just the display drivers, i've been trying to find just them without the ccc for sometime now. :thumbup2:

Rod

#4 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,163 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:05 PM

No problem, if you have any more questions feel free to ask.
Posted Image
Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: ASUS ATI 4890 and a Saphire 4890 in Crossfire, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.
Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte 4550, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: OCZ Fatal1ty 550 watt modular PSU, OS: Windows 7 Ultimate.
If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users