Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My PC keeps failing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lptpuser13

Lptpuser13

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 PM

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:13 AM

My computer keeps crashing (to a blue screen, then it restarts) it does it sometimes while I'm busy on the internet(I have recorded quite a few of the error reports that show up after each crash by screenshots), It seems to have started shortly after I upgraded my Norton 360 to v.6 especially if I try running the Diagnostic Report. Now I’m having even more issues, my PC doesn't want to stay connected to the internet it gives me multiple reasons why it can't be completed i.e. connecting to the wireless network, renewing IP address, and registering with DNS. Then it was doing at times where my IE page would stop working and my any windows I had open and my task bar would change to different settings in its looks then a few minutes it would go back to my settings (which I also have a few screenshots of. As of right now I can't really use my PC; the IE pages won't connect right to the internet, you can only open the start menu once, the taskbar freezes as soon as it loads so you cannot use it or anything on it. I used the system restore back to a date I believe was before the mass amount of problems it worked okay for maybe a week before going right back to the issues, and I tried to use the restore again but it told me it couldn't make any changes. I have not been able to use the windows update because it will not allow the downloads. I do not think it is viruses\malware as I have run Norton scans and malwarebytes antimalware with seemingly clean results, but that doesn't mean there couldn't be something hidden.

Does anyone have any insight as to what may be behind this endless meltdown?:wacko: Can anyone help me fix it?:smash:

-I am using Microsoft XP Pro. Ver. 2002 SP 3

While it did start after the Norton upgrade, I am not sure that it was the direct cause of all the issues.

Edited by hamluis, 06 September 2012 - 08:27 AM.
Merged posts, moved from XP to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 42,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 PM

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:24 AM

Try uninstalling the Symantec product...then rebooting and see how it runs.

Louis

#3 comblip

comblip

• Banned Spammer
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 PM

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:25 PM

What are the things you installed or do with it before experiencing that problem? Have you installed or downloaded something? It may be the probable cause and what you need to do is to remove it in your system.

#4 Lptpuser13

Lptpuser13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 PM

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:43 PM

I had removed it once but it didn't seem to make a difference, so I'm not sure if I need to try to reload a new one & strip the old one off again (maybe a bad download?).
I started my PC the other day and it worked perfectly fine so I thought maybe it fixed itself(though I shouldn't have) but when I woke it up from sleep mode my taskbar & programs on my desktop completely froze again and I was not able to open/click anything. At this point all I can do is turn it on and move the mouse arrow around the screen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users