Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

mysearchresults.com

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#1 TheAngryPeasant

TheAngryPeasant

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 PM

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:33 AM

Hey guys,
I recently got stuck with a program called mysearchresults.com. Basically (in both FF and Chrome) it's hijacked my automatic search engine, which was Google on both. I've been looking all over for steps to manually remove it (I got lists of known file and registry aliases), but I'm worried I might delete something vital by accident, seeing as how I'm not especially computer literate.
Anyway, if you Google "mysearchresults.com removal", on almost every forum there is one (or both) of two seemingly automated responses -- one claiming that it isn't a virus while offering a link to a mysearchresults.com uninstall page, and another with steps to remove it as the auto search engine (I say "seemingly automated" because the wording and gist of the two responses are consistent across forums). But other sites warn that it is in fact a particularly nasty piece of spyware/malware/trojan that, if left unattended, will wreck your computer and steal your info. Any light you guys could shine on this for me would be humbly, humbly appreciated.

Additional info:
Instead of simply being another search engine, mysearchresults.com sends you to sales sites and sponsors, not actual search results.
Also, Malwarebytes doesn't seem to pick it up.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Bleepin Gringo

• Malware Response Team
  • 135,966 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 AM

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:30 AM

Greetings and Welcome to The Forums!!

My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.

I have put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of us

• Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.
    • We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.
  • Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
    • Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.
  • Please read every post completely before doing anything.
    • Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.
  • Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
    • A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.
NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.

NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of hartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.

NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.

DeFogger:

• Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
  • The application window will appear
  • Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers
  • Click Yes to continue
  • A 'Finished!' message will appear
  • Click OK
  • DeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OK
Do not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.

Security Check

• Download Security Check by screen317 from here.
  • Save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
  • A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.

Download DDS:

• Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:

Posted Image
    Download DDS and save it to your desktop

Link1
    Link2
    Link3

Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.

• Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.
    • Shortly after two logs will appear:
    • DDS.txt
    • Attach.txt
  • A window will open instructing you save & post the logs
  • Save the logs to a convenient place such as your desktop
  • Copy the contents of both logs & post in your next reply

information and logs:

• In your next post I need the following

• .logs from DDS
  • let me know of any problems you may have had

Gringo

I Close My Topics If You Have Not Replied In 5 Days If You Will Be Longer Please Let Me Know

If I Have Not Replied To One Of My Topics In 48 Hrs Please Bump The Topic

Please Only Copy And Paste Reports Into Topic - Do Not Attach

My help is free, however, if you wish to make a small donation to show your appreciation or to help me continue the fight against Malware, then click here -->btn_donate_SM.gif<-- Don't worry every little bit helps.

Proud Graduate Of Malware Removal University

#3 gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Bleepin Gringo

• Malware Response Team
  • 135,966 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:48 AM

Hello

48 Hour bump

It has been more than 48 hours since my last post.

• do you still need help with this?
  • do you need more time?
  • are you having problems following my instructions?
  • if after 48hrs you have not replied to this thread then it will have to be closed!

Gringo
I Close My Topics If You Have Not Replied In 5 Days If You Will Be Longer Please Let Me Know

My help is free, however, if you wish to make a small donation to show your appreciation or to help me continue the fight against Malware, then click here -->btn_donate_SM.gif<-- Don't worry every little bit helps.

#4 TheAngryPeasant

TheAngryPeasant
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:45 PM

Gringo,

I apologize for taking so long to get back to, and thank you for the prompt assist. Here's the info you wanted.

Checkup.txt:

Results of screen317's Security Check version 0.99.50
Windows 7 x86 (UAC is enabled)
Out of date service pack!!
Internet Explorer 9
``````````````Antivirus/Firewall Check:``````````````
Windows Firewall Enabled!
WMI entry may not exist for antivirus; attempting automatic update.
`````````Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:`````````
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 1.62.0.1300
Java™ 6 Update 31
Java version out of Date!
Adobe Flash Player 10 Flash Player out of Date!
Adobe Flash Player 11.4.402.265
Adobe Reader 9 Adobe Reader out of Date!
Mozilla Firefox (14.0.1)
Google Chrome 21.0.1180.83
Google Chrome 21.0.1180.89
````````Process Check: objlist.exe by Laurent````````
`````````````````System Health check`````````````````
Total Fragmentation on Drive C: 1%
````````````````````End of Log``````````````````````

DDS:

DDS (Ver_2011-08-26.01) - NTFSx86
Internet Explorer: 9.0.8112.16421
Run by evenkeel at 16:35:35 on 2012-09-08
Microsoft Windows 7 Starter 6.1.7600.0.1252.1.1033.18.1015.358 [GMT -5:00]
SP: Windows Defender *Enabled/Updated* {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
============== Running Processes ===============
C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunch
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k RPCSS
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\stwrt.inf_x86_neutral_ee8b9ab8d1b9a68e\STacSV.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService
C:\Windows\system32\WLANExt.exe
C:\Windows\system32\conhost.exe
C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork
C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\stwrt.inf_x86_neutral_ee8b9ab8d1b9a68e\aestsrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft\BingBar\SeaPort.EXE
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\SPLASH.SYS\config\DVMExportService.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\HPDrvMntSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc
C:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\IDT\WDM\sttray.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HPBTWD.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP QuickSync\QuickSync.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\hpwuschd2.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Wireless Assistant\HPWAMain.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxtray.exe
C:\Windows\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Program Files\DivX\DivX Update\DivXUpdate.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LightScribeControlPanel.exe
C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\soffice.exe
C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\soffice.bin
C:\Windows\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP QuickSync\jre\bin\javaw.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\hpqWmiEx.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchIndexer.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\hpqToaster.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\hpCaslNotification.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\hpsa_service.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k secsvcs
C:\Windows\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v3.0\WPF\PresentationFontCache.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Windows\system32\notepad.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugin-container.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerPlugin_11_4_402_265.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerPlugin_11_4_402_265.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchProtocolHost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchFilterHost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\DllHost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\DllHost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\conhost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
============== Pseudo HJT Report ===============
uStart Page = hxxp://search.startnow.com/s/?src=startpage&provider=&provider_name=startnow&provider_code=&partner_id=999&product_id=10&affiliate_id=&channel=&toolbar_id=&toolbar_version=&install_country=&install_date=20120904&user_guid=AD041EEED7E544F28FAC7D0DFE06B52D&machine_id=f5e53c9c97417f2af8135c4d4475e7e5&browser=IE&os=win&os_version=6.1-x86-SP0&iesrc={referrer:source}
uDefault_Page_URL = hxxp://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=en_US&c=94&bd=Pavilion&pf=cnnb
mDefault_Page_URL = hxxp://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=en_US&c=94&bd=Pavilion&pf=cnnb
mStart Page = hxxp://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=en_US&c=94&bd=Pavilion&pf=cnnb
uInternet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
mURLSearchHooks: H - No File
BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper: {02478d38-c3f9-4efb-9b51-7695eca05670} - c:\program files\yahoo!\companion\installs\cpn\yt.dll
BHO: Adobe PDF Link Helper: {18df081c-e8ad-4283-a596-fa578c2ebdc3} - c:\program files\common files\adobe\acrobat\activex\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
BHO: DivX Plus Web Player HTML5 <video>: {326e768d-4182-46fd-9c16-1449a49795f4} - c:\program files\divx\divx plus web player\ie\divxhtml5\DivXHTML5.dll
BHO: AVG Safe Search: {3ca2f312-6f6e-4b53-a66e-4e65e497c8c0} - c:\program files\avg\avg9\avgssie.dll
BHO: {5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB} - No File
BHO: Java™ Plug-In SSV Helper: {761497bb-d6f0-462c-b6eb-d4daf1d92d43} - c:\program files\java\jre6\bin\ssv.dll
BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper: {9030d464-4c02-4abf-8ecc-5164760863c6} - c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\windows live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
BHO: hpBHO Class: {abd3b5e1-b268-407b-a150-2641dab8d898} - c:\program files\common files\homepage protection\HomepageProtection.dll
BHO: Bing Bar Helper: {d2ce3e00-f94a-4740-988e-03dc2f38c34f} - "c:\program files\microsoft\bingbar\BingExt.dll"
BHO: Java™ Plug-In 2 SSV Helper: {dbc80044-a445-435b-bc74-9c25c1c588a9} - c:\program files\java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
BHO: SingleInstance Class: {fdad4da1-61a2-4fd8-9c17-86f7ac245081} - c:\program files\yahoo!\companion\installs\cpn\YTSingleInstance.dll
TB: {CCC7A320-B3CA-4199-B1A6-9F516DD69829} - No File
TB: Yahoo! Toolbar: {ef99bd32-c1fb-11d2-892f-0090271d4f88} - c:\program files\yahoo!\companion\installs\cpn\yt.dll
TB: Bing Bar: {8dcb7100-df86-4384-8842-8fa844297b3f} - "c:\program files\microsoft\bingbar\BingExt.dll"
TB: {604BC32A-9680-40D1-9AC6-E06B23A1BA4C} - No File
uRun: [LightScribe Control Panel] c:\program files\common files\lightscribe\LightScribeControlPanel.exe -hidden
uRun: [Google Update] "c:\users\evenkeel\appdata\local\google\update\GoogleUpdate.exe" /c
uRun: [StartNow Search Protect] "c:\program files\startnow toolbar\search_protect.exe" /RELAY /REPORT /PROTECT
mRun: [SynTPEnh] %ProgramFiles%\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
mRun: [SysTrayApp] c:\program files\idt\wdm\sttray.exe
mRun: [HP BTW Detect Program] c:\program files\hp\HPBTWD.exe
mRun: [HP] c:\program files\hewlett-packard\hp quicksync\QuickSync.exe
mRun: [UpdatePRCShortCut] "c:\program files\hewlett-packard\recovery\muitransfer\muistartmenu.exe" "c:\program files\hewlett-packard\recovery" updatewithcreateonce "software\cyberlink\PowerRecover"
mRun: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "c:\program files\adobe\reader 9.0\reader\Reader_sl.exe"
mRun: [HP Software Update] c:\program files\hp\hp software update\HPWuSchd2.exe
mRun: [<NO NAME>]
mRun: [WirelessAssistant] c:\program files\hewlett-packard\hp wireless assistant\HPWAMain.exe
mRun: [QuickTime Task] "c:\program files\quicktime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
mRun: [iTunesHelper] "c:\program files\itunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
mRun: [Adobe ARM] "c:\program files\common files\adobe\arm\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
mRun: [IgfxTray] c:\windows\system32\igfxtray.exe
mRun: [HotKeysCmds] c:\windows\system32\hkcmd.exe
mRun: [Persistence] c:\windows\system32\igfxpers.exe
mRun: [DivXUpdate] "c:\program files\divx\divx update\DivXUpdate.exe" /CHECKNOW
mRun: [ROC_roc_dec12] "c:\program files\avg secure search\ROC_roc_dec12.exe" /PROMPT /CMPID=roc_dec12
mRun: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "c:\program files\common files\java\java update\jusched.exe"
mRunOnce: [B Register c:\program files\divx\divx plus player\dpxplugins\dpxdfxaudioplugin.dll] "c:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe" "c:\program files\divx\divx plus player\dpxplugins\DPXDFXAudioPlugin.dll",DllRegisterServer
mRunOnce: [B Register c:\program files\divx\divx plus player\dseplugins\direct3dvideooutput.dll] "c:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe" "c:\program files\divx\divx plus player\dseplugins\Direct3DVideoOutput.dll",DllRegisterServer
mRunOnce: [B Register c:\program files\divx\divx plus player\dseplugins\divxplaybackmodule.dll] "c:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe" "c:\program files\divx\divx plus player\dseplugins\DivXPlaybackModule.dll",DllRegisterServer
mRunOnce: [B Register c:\program files\divx\divx plus player\dpxplugins\dpxbanneradplugin.dll] "c:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe" "c:\program files\divx\divx plus player\dpxplugins\DPXBannerAdPlugin.dll",DllRegisterServer
mRunOnce: [B Register c:\program files\divx\divx plus player\dpxplugins\dpxdevicemanagerplugin.dll] "c:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe" "c:\program files\divx\divx plus player\dpxplugins\DPXDeviceManagerPlugin.dll",DllRegisterServer
mRunOnce: [B Register c:\program files\divx\divx plus player\dpxplugins\dpxdownloadmanagerplugin.dll] "c:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe" "c:\program files\divx\divx plus player\dpxplugins\DPXDownloadManagerPlugin.dll",DllRegisterServer
mRunOnce: [B Register c:\program files\divx\divx plus player\dpxplugins\dpxmediamanagerplugin.dll] "c:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe" "c:\program files\divx\divx plus player\dpxplugins\DPXMediaManagerPlugin.dll",DllRegisterServer
mRunOnce: [B Register c:\program files\divx\divx plus player\dpxplugins\dpxplayerplugin.dll] "c:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe" "c:\program files\divx\divx plus player\dpxplugins\DPXPlayerPlugin.dll",DllRegisterServer
mRunOnce: [AvgUninstallURL] cmd.exe /c start http://www.avg.com/ww.special-uninstallation-feedback-appf?lic=OQBBAFYARgBSAEUARQAtAFYASwBQAEMAQgAtADYAQgBXAEYATQAtAFQAUgBMAFEAUgAtAEIAUgBVAEgAUAAtAEMAUAA4ADYARwA"&"inst=NwA3AC0ANAA1ADAANQA5ADQAOQAyADQALQBGAFAAOQArADYALQBCAEEAUgA5AEcAKwAxAC0AVABCADkAKwAyAC0ARgBMACsAOQAtAFgATwAzADYAKwAxAC0ARgA5AE0ANwBDACsAMwAtAEYAOQBNADEAMABCACsAMQAtAFgATwA5ACsAMQAtAEYAOQBNADIAKwAxAC0ARABEAFQAKwA0ADEANAA2ADYALQBEAEQAOQAwAEYAKwAxAC0AUwBUADkAMABGAEEAUABQACsAMQAtAEYAOQAwAE0AMQAyAEEATgArADIALQBGADkAMABNADEAMgBBACsAMQAtAEYAOQAwAE0AMQAyAEEAQgArADEALQBVADkANQArADEALQBGADkAMABNADEAMgBBAFQAQgArADEALQBGADkAMABNADEAMgBCACsAMQAtAEYAOQAwAFQAQgArADIA"&"prod=90"&"ver=9.0.894
StartupFolder: c:\users\evenkeel\appdata\roaming\micros~1\windows\startm~1\programs\startup\openof~1.lnk - c:\program files\openoffice.org 3\program\quickstart.exe
uPolicies-system: WallpaperStyle = 2
mPolicies-system: ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin = 5 (0x5)
mPolicies-system: ConsentPromptBehaviorUser = 3 (0x3)
mPolicies-system: EnableUIADesktopToggle = 0 (0x0)
dPolicies-system: WallpaperStyle = 2
IE: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - c:\progra~1\mif5ba~1\office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
DPF: {8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93} - hxxp://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_31-windows-i586.cab
DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0031-ABCDEFFEDCBA} - hxxp://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_31-windows-i586.cab
DPF: {CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA} - hxxp://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_31-windows-i586.cab
TCP: DhcpNameServer = 192.168.0.1
TCP: Interfaces\{C6EB0667-DBB6-4E1F-80C6-1FE76084FDE2} : DhcpNameServer = 208.180.42.68 208.180.42.100
TCP: Interfaces\{FAE2B36D-94D5-4330-9DBA-920EA4F17C9F} : DhcpNameServer = 192.168.0.1
TCP: Interfaces\{FAE2B36D-94D5-4330-9DBA-920EA4F17C9F}\1627279637534376 : DhcpNameServer = 24.116.2.50 24.116.2.34
TCP: Interfaces\{FAE2B36D-94D5-4330-9DBA-920EA4F17C9F}\3427F636B656474702C4962627162797 : DhcpNameServer = 209.55.24.10 209.55.24.11
TCP: Interfaces\{FAE2B36D-94D5-4330-9DBA-920EA4F17C9F}\7594E4F5836353 : DhcpNameServer = 192.168.254.254
TCP: Interfaces\{FAE2B36D-94D5-4330-9DBA-920EA4F17C9F}\A4F6E6 : DhcpNameServer = 68.238.96.12 68.238.112.12
TCP: Interfaces\{FAE2B36D-94D5-4330-9DBA-920EA4F17C9F}\A616A7A7 : DhcpNameServer = 192.168.1.1
Handler: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - c:\progra~1\common~1\skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
Notify: igfxcui - igfxdev.dll
mASetup: {10880D85-AAD9-4558-ABDC-2AB1552D831F} - "c:\program files\common files\lightscribe\LSRunOnce.exe"
================= FIREFOX ===================
FF - ProfilePath - c:\users\evenkeel\appdata\roaming\mozilla\firefox\profiles\xjs214z6.default\
FF - prefs.js: browser.search.selectedEngine - StartNow
FF - prefs.js: browser.startup.homepage - hxxps://www.google.com/
FF - prefs.js: keyword.URL - hxxp://search.startnow.com/s/?src=addrbar&provider=&provider_name=startnow&provider_code=&partner_id=999&product_id=10&affiliate_id=&channel=&toolbar_id=&toolbar_version=&install_country=&install_date=&user_guid=AD041EEED7E544F28FAC7D0DFE06B52D&machine_id=f5e53c9c97417f2af8135c4d4475e7e5&browser=FF&os=win&os_version=6.1-x86-SP0&q=
FF - plugin: c:\program files\amazon\mp3 downloader\npAmazonMP3DownloaderPlugin1017300.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\divx\divx ovs helper\npovshelper.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\divx\divx plus web player\npdivx32.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\java\jre6\bin\plugin2\npdeployJava1.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\java\jre6\bin\plugin2\npjp2.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\microsoft silverlight\4.1.10329.0\npctrlui.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\windows live\photo gallery\NPWLPG.dll
FF - plugin: c:\users\evenkeel\appdata\local\google\update\1.3.21.115\npGoogleUpdate3.dll
FF - plugin: c:\windows\system32\macromed\flash\NPSWF32_11_4_402_265.dll
============= SERVICES / DRIVERS ===============
R1 DVMIO;DVMIO;c:\splash.sys\config\dvmio.sys [2009-7-27 16984]
R1 vwififlt;Virtual WiFi Filter Driver;c:\windows\system32\drivers\vwififlt.sys [2009-7-13 48128]
R2 AESTFilters;Andrea ST Filters Service;c:\windows\system32\driverstore\filerepository\stwrt.inf_x86_neutral_ee8b9ab8d1b9a68e\AEstSrv.exe [2009-12-3 81920]
R2 BBUpdate;BBUpdate;c:\program files\microsoft\bingbar\SeaPort.EXE [2011-6-15 249648]
R2 DvmMDES;DeviceVM Meta Data Export Service;c:\splash.sys\config\DVMExportService.exe [2009-7-8 323584]
R2 HP Support Assistant Service;HP Support Assistant Service;c:\program files\hewlett-packard\hp support framework\HPSA_Service.exe [2011-9-9 86072]
R2 HPDrvMntSvc.exe;HP Quick Synchronization Service;c:\program files\hewlett-packard\shared\HPDrvMntSvc.exe [2011-3-28 94264]
R3 L1C;NDIS Miniport Driver for Atheros AR8131/AR8132 PCI-E Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20);c:\windows\system32\drivers\L1C62x86.sys [2009-4-27 50688]
S2 clr_optimization_v4.0.30319_32;Microsoft .NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319_X86;c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v4.0.30319\mscorsvw.exe [2010-3-18 130384]
S3 b57nd60x;Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet - NDIS 6.0;c:\windows\system32\drivers\b57nd60x.sys [2009-7-13 229888]
S3 BBSvc;Bing Bar Update Service;c:\program files\microsoft\bingbar\BBSvc.EXE [2011-7-7 195336]
S3 MozillaMaintenance;Mozilla Maintenance Service;c:\program files\mozilla maintenance service\maintenanceservice.exe [2012-5-15 114144]
S3 SrvHsfHDA;SrvHsfHDA;c:\windows\system32\drivers\VSTAZL3.SYS [2009-7-13 207360]
S3 SrvHsfV92;SrvHsfV92;c:\windows\system32\drivers\VSTDPV3.SYS [2009-7-13 980992]
S3 SrvHsfWinac;SrvHsfWinac;c:\windows\system32\drivers\VSTCNXT3.SYS [2009-7-13 661504]
=============== Created Last 30 ================
2012-09-07 17:54:13 56200 ----a-w- c:\programdata\microsoft\windows defender\definition updates\{f962f870-2177-41c2-ae08-4bff5ed04e98}\offreg.dll
2012-09-07 15:26:49 7022536 ----a-w- c:\programdata\microsoft\windows defender\definition updates\{f962f870-2177-41c2-ae08-4bff5ed04e98}\mpengine.dll
2012-09-04 08:08:36 -------- d-----w- c:\programdata\SecTaskMan
2012-09-04 08:02:37 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Security Task Manager
2012-09-04 03:02:00 -------- d-----w- c:\users\evenkeel\appdata\local\StartNow
2012-08-26 03:29:08 136672 ----a-w- c:\program files\mozilla firefox\components\browsercomps.dll
2012-08-26 03:27:05 -------- d-----w- c:\users\evenkeel\appdata\roaming\Babylon
2012-08-26 03:27:05 -------- d-----w- c:\programdata\Babylon
2012-08-18 02:24:08 91104 ----a-w- c:\program files\mozilla firefox\smime3.dll
2012-08-15 08:06:32 393216 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\bthport.sys
2012-08-15 02:12:28 400896 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\srcore.dll
2012-08-15 02:12:27 2344448 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\win32k.sys
2012-08-15 02:12:25 492032 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\win32spl.dll
2012-08-15 02:12:25 316928 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\spoolsv.exe
2012-08-15 02:12:17 41472 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\browcli.dll
2012-08-15 02:12:17 102912 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\browser.dll
2012-08-15 02:12:15 768512 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\localspl.dll
==================== Find3M ====================
2012-08-26 03:15:58 73416 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl
2012-08-26 03:15:58 696520 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\FlashPlayerApp.exe
2012-07-03 18:46:44 22344 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbam.sys
2012-06-29 00:16:58 1800704 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\jscript9.dll
2012-06-29 00:09:01 1129472 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\wininet.dll
2012-06-29 00:08:59 1427968 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\inetcpl.cpl
2012-06-29 00:04:43 142848 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\ieUnatt.exe
2012-06-29 00:00:45 2382848 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\mshtml.tlb
============= FINISH: 16:38:03.80 ===============

DDS "Attach" log:

UNLESS SPECIFICALLY INSTRUCTED, DO NOT POST THIS LOG.
IF REQUESTED, ZIP IT UP & ATTACH IT
DDS (Ver_2011-08-26.01)
Microsoft Windows 7 Starter
Boot Device: \Device\HarddiskVolume3
Install Date: 12/30/2009 12:43:49 PM
System Uptime: 9/6/2012 8:36:52 AM (56 hours ago)
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard | | 308F
Processor: Intel® Atom™ CPU N270 @ 1.60GHz | CPU 1 | 800/133mhz
==== Disk Partitions =========================
C: is FIXED (NTFS) - 137 GiB total, 78.222 GiB free.
D: is FIXED (NTFS) - 11 GiB total, 1.903 GiB free.
==== Disabled Device Manager Items =============
==== System Restore Points ===================
RP333: 8/28/2012 1:59:33 PM - Windows Update
RP334: 9/4/2012 3:37:59 PM - Windows Update
RP336: 9/7/2012 1:32:13 AM - Configured Power2Go
==== Installed Programs ======================
Acrobat.com
Adobe AIR
Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX
Adobe Flash Player 11 Plugin
Adobe Reader 9.4.3 MUI
Adobe Shockwave Player
Amazon MP3 Downloader 1.0.17
Apple Application Support
Apple Mobile Device Support
Apple Software Update
ArcSoft WebCam Companion 3
Atheros Communications Inc.® AR81Family Gigabit/Fast Ethernet Driver
Bing Bar
Bonjour
Broadcom 802.11 Wireless LAN Adapter
Choice Guard
Compatibility Pack for the 2007 Office system
CyberLink DVD Suite
DivX Setup
DivX Version Checker
Google Chrome
Hewlett-Packard ACLM.NET v1.1.2.0
Homepage Protection
HP Customer Experience Enhancements
HP Instant Web
HP QuickSync
HP Setup
HP Support Assistant
HP Update
HP User Guides 0166
HP Wireless Assistant
IDT Audio
Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver
Intel® Matrix Storage Manager
iTunes
Java Auto Updater
Java™ 6 Update 31
jZip
LG USB Modem driver
LightScribe System Software 1.17.90.1
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 1.62.0.1300
Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile
Microsoft Application Error Reporting
Microsoft Live Search Toolbar
Microsoft Office PowerPoint Viewer 2007 (English)
Microsoft Office Suite Activation Assistant
Microsoft Silverlight
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition [ENU]
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 ATL Update kb973923 - x86 8.0.50727.4053
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.17
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.6161
Microsoft Works
Mozilla Firefox 14.0.1 (x86 en-US)
Mozilla Maintenance Service
MSVCRT
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB954430)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB973688)
Nero 8 Essentials
neroxml
OpenOffice.org 3.2
PowerRecover
Premiumplay Codec-C
QuickTime
Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader
Security Task Manager 1.8d
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2446708)
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2478663)
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2518870)
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2539636)
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2572078)
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2604121)
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2633870)
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2656351)
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2656368)
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2656368v2)
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2656405)
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2686827)
Skype™ 5.2
Synaptics Pointing Device Driver
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2468871)
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2533523)
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2600217)
VC80CRTRedist - 8.0.50727.6195
Windows Live Call
Windows Live Communications Platform
Windows Live Essentials
Windows Live Messenger
Windows Live Photo Gallery
Windows Live Sign-in Assistant
Windows Live Sync
Windows Live Upload Tool
Yahoo! Detect
Yahoo! Toolbar
==== Event Viewer Messages From Past Week ========
9/5/2012 8:58:23 AM, Error: Service Control Manager [7011] - A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the ShellHWDetection service.
9/5/2012 5:28:30 PM, Error: Service Control Manager [7011] - A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the Wlansvc service.
9/4/2012 3:17:51 AM, Error: Service Control Manager [7026] - The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: cdrom
9/4/2012 3:07:13 AM, Error: Service Control Manager [7001] - The Network List Service service depends on the Network Location Awareness service which failed to start because of the following error: The dependency service or group failed to start.
9/4/2012 3:07:12 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM [10005] - DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service WSearch with arguments "" in order to run the server: {9E175B6D-F52A-11D8-B9A5-505054503030}
9/4/2012 3:07:12 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM [10005] - DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service WSearch with arguments "" in order to run the server: {7D096C5F-AC08-4F1F-BEB7-5C22C517CE39}
9/4/2012 3:07:12 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM [10005] - DCOM got error "1068" attempting to start the service netprofm with arguments "" in order to run the server: {A47979D2-C419-11D9-A5B4-001185AD2B89}
9/4/2012 3:07:12 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM [10005] - DCOM got error "1068" attempting to start the service netman with arguments "" in order to run the server: {BA126AD1-2166-11D1-B1D0-00805FC1270E}
9/4/2012 3:07:11 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM [10005] - DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service EventSystem with arguments "" in order to run the server: {1BE1F766-5536-11D1-B726-00C04FB926AF}
9/4/2012 3:07:05 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM [10005] - DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service ShellHWDetection with arguments "" in order to run the server: {DD522ACC-F821-461A-A407-50B198B896DC}
9/4/2012 3:06:27 AM, Error: Service Control Manager [7026] - The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: AFD cdrom DfsC discache DVMIO NetBIOS NetBT nsiproxy Psched rdbss spldr tdx vwififlt Wanarpv6 WfpLwf
9/4/2012 3:06:26 AM, Error: Service Control Manager [7001] - The Workstation service depends on the Network Store Interface Service service which failed to start because of the following error: The dependency service or group failed to start.
9/4/2012 3:06:26 AM, Error: Service Control Manager [7001] - The TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper service depends on the Ancillary Function Driver for Winsock service which failed to start because of the following error: A device attached to the system is not functioning.
9/4/2012 3:06:26 AM, Error: Service Control Manager [7001] - The SMB MiniRedirector Wrapper and Engine service depends on the Redirected Buffering Sub Sysytem service which failed to start because of the following error: A device attached to the system is not functioning.
9/4/2012 3:06:26 AM, Error: Service Control Manager [7001] - The SMB 2.0 MiniRedirector service depends on the SMB MiniRedirector Wrapper and Engine service which failed to start because of the following error: The dependency service or group failed to start.
9/4/2012 3:06:26 AM, Error: Service Control Manager [7001] - The SMB 1.x MiniRedirector service depends on the SMB MiniRedirector Wrapper and Engine service which failed to start because of the following error: The dependency service or group failed to start.
9/4/2012 3:06:26 AM, Error: Service Control Manager [7001] - The Network Store Interface Service service depends on the NSI proxy service driver. service which failed to start because of the following error: A device attached to the system is not functioning.
9/4/2012 3:06:26 AM, Error: Service Control Manager [7001] - The Network Location Awareness service depends on the Network Store Interface Service service which failed to start because of the following error: The dependency service or group failed to start.
9/4/2012 3:06:26 AM, Error: Service Control Manager [7001] - The IP Helper service depends on the Network Store Interface Service service which failed to start because of the following error: The dependency service or group failed to start.
9/4/2012 3:06:26 AM, Error: Service Control Manager [7001] - The DNS Client service depends on the NetIO Legacy TDI Support Driver service which failed to start because of the following error: A device attached to the system is not functioning.
9/4/2012 3:06:26 AM, Error: Service Control Manager [7001] - The DHCP Client service depends on the Ancillary Function Driver for Winsock service which failed to start because of the following error: A device attached to the system is not functioning.
9/4/2012 2:47:24 AM, Error: Service Control Manager [7023] - The iPod Service service terminated with the following error: %%-2147417831
==== End Of File ===========================

Once again, sorry for taking so long, and thank you for helping me.

P.S. It's also come to my attention there is a second virus on my computer called StartNow. At first I thought it was simply a toolbar I'd missed when downloading something, but after trying to uninstall it, and it NOT uninstalling, I looked it up. I got it around the same time as mysearchresults, just didn't notice it until recently. Not sure if the two have anything to do with one another or if that helps at all.

Edited by TheAngryPeasant, 08 September 2012 - 04:50 PM.

#5 gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Bleepin Gringo

• Malware Response Team
  • 135,966 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:42 PM

Hello

I Would like you to do the following.

Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.

Run Combofix:

You may be asked to install or update the Recovery Console (Win XP Only) if this happens please allow it to do so (you will need to be connected to the internet for this)

Before you run Combofix I will need you to turn off any security software you have running, If you do not know how to do this you can find out >here< or >here<

Combofix may need to reboot your computer more than once to do its job this is normal.

You can download Combofix from one of these links. I want you to save it to the desktop and run it from there.
Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
1. Close any open browsers or any other programs that are open.
2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
When finished, it will produce a report for you.

Note 1: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall

Note 2: If you recieve an error "Illegal operation attempted on a registery key that has been marked for deletion." Please restart the computer

"information and logs"

• Log from Combofix
  • How is the computer doing now?

Gringo

#6 TheAngryPeasant

TheAngryPeasant
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:00 PM

Gringo,
Here's the Combofix log:

ComboFix 12-09-10.04 - evenkeel 09/10/2012 21:23:40.1.2 - x86
Microsoft Windows 7 Starter 6.1.7600.0.1252.1.1033.18.1015.403 [GMT -5:00]
Running from: c:\users\evenkeel\Desktop\ComboFix.exe
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
c:\program files\HP\HPBTWD.exe
c:\users\evenkeel\Desktop\.lnk
((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2012-08-11 to 2012-09-11 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2012-09-11 02:40 . 2012-09-11 02:40 -------- d-----w- c:\users\Default\AppData\Local\temp
2012-09-11 02:25 . 2012-09-11 02:25 56200 ----a-w- c:\programdata\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Definition Updates\{F962F870-2177-41C2-AE08-4BFF5ED04E98}\offreg.dll
2012-09-07 15:26 . 2012-08-23 07:15 7022536 ----a-w- c:\programdata\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Definition Updates\{F962F870-2177-41C2-AE08-4BFF5ED04E98}\mpengine.dll
2012-09-04 08:08 . 2012-09-11 02:05 -------- d-----w- c:\programdata\SecTaskMan
2012-09-04 03:02 . 2012-09-04 03:02 -------- d-----w- c:\users\evenkeel\AppData\Local\StartNow
2012-08-26 03:27 . 2012-08-26 03:27 -------- d-----w- c:\users\evenkeel\AppData\Roaming\Babylon
2012-08-26 03:27 . 2012-08-26 03:27 -------- d-----w- c:\programdata\Babylon
2012-08-26 02:14 . 2012-08-26 02:57 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Real
2012-08-15 08:06 . 2012-07-06 19:31 393216 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\bthport.sys
2012-08-15 02:12 . 2012-05-05 07:44 400896 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\srcore.dll
2012-08-15 02:12 . 2012-07-18 17:10 2344448 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\win32k.sys
2012-08-15 02:12 . 2012-02-11 05:44 492032 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\win32spl.dll
2012-08-15 02:12 . 2012-02-11 05:41 316928 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\spoolsv.exe
2012-08-15 02:12 . 2012-07-04 21:23 41472 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\browcli.dll
2012-08-15 02:12 . 2012-07-04 21:23 102912 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\browser.dll
2012-08-15 02:12 . 2012-05-14 04:37 768512 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\localspl.dll
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2012-08-26 03:15 . 2012-05-15 07:17 73416 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl
2012-08-26 03:15 . 2012-05-15 07:17 696520 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\FlashPlayerApp.exe
2012-07-14 00:17 . 2012-08-26 03:29 136672 ----a-w- c:\program files\mozilla firefox\components\browsercomps.dll
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown
REGEDIT4
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\~\Browser Helper Objects\{ABD3B5E1-B268-407B-A150-2641DAB8D898}]
2009-06-08 21:41 120104 ----a-w- c:\program files\Common Files\Homepage Protection\HomepageProtection.dll
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"LightScribe Control Panel"="c:\program files\Common Files\LightScribe\LightScribeControlPanel.exe" [2008-12-07 2387968]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"SynTPEnh"="c:\program files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe" [2009-06-12 1533224]
"SysTrayApp"="c:\program files\IDT\WDM\sttray.exe" [2009-06-29 458844]
"UpdatePRCShortCut"="c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\Recovery\MUITransfer\MUIStartMenu.exe" [2009-05-20 222504]
"Adobe Reader Speed Launcher"="c:\program files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe" [2011-01-31 35760]
"HP Software Update"="c:\program files\Hp\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe" [2008-12-08 54576]
"WirelessAssistant"="c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Wireless Assistant\HPWAMain.exe" [2009-07-23 498744]
"QuickTime Task"="c:\program files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" [2009-11-11 417792]
"iTunesHelper"="c:\program files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe" [2010-02-16 141608]
"Adobe ARM"="c:\program files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe" [2010-09-21 932288]
"IgfxTray"="c:\windows\system32\igfxtray.exe" [2009-09-24 141848]
"HotKeysCmds"="c:\windows\system32\hkcmd.exe" [2009-09-24 173592]
"Persistence"="c:\windows\system32\igfxpers.exe" [2009-09-24 150552]
"DivXUpdate"="c:\program files\DivX\DivX Update\DivXUpdate.exe" [2011-07-28 1259376]
"SunJavaUpdateSched"="c:\program files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe" [2012-01-18 254696]
c:\users\evenkeel\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
OpenOffice.org 3.2.lnk - c:\program files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\quickstart.exe [2009-12-15 384000]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\system]
"ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin"= 5 (0x5)
"ConsentPromptBehaviorUser"= 3 (0x3)
"EnableUIADesktopToggle"= 0 (0x0)
[HKEY_USERS\.default\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\system]
"WallpaperStyle"= 2
R3 BBSvc;Bing Bar Update Service;c:\program files\Microsoft\BingBar\BBSvc.EXE [x]
R3 MozillaMaintenance;Mozilla Maintenance Service;c:\program files\Mozilla Maintenance Service\maintenanceservice.exe [x]
R3 RSUSBSTOR;RtsUStor.Sys Realtek USB Card Reader;c:\windows\system32\Drivers\RtsUStor.sys [x]
R3 RtsUIR;Realtek IR Driver;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\Rts516xIR.sys [x]
R3 SrvHsfHDA;SrvHsfHDA;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\VSTAZL3.SYS [x]
R3 SrvHsfV92;SrvHsfV92;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\VSTDPV3.SYS [x]
R3 SrvHsfWinac;SrvHsfWinac;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\VSTCNXT3.SYS [x]
S1 DVMIO;DVMIO;c:\splash.sys\config\dvmio.sys [x]
S1 vwififlt;Virtual WiFi Filter Driver;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\vwififlt.sys [x]
S2 AESTFilters;Andrea ST Filters Service;c:\windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\stwrt.inf_x86_neutral_ee8b9ab8d1b9a68e\aestsrv.exe [x]
S2 BBUpdate;BBUpdate;c:\program files\Microsoft\BingBar\SeaPort.EXE [x]
S2 DvmMDES;DeviceVM Meta Data Export Service;c:\splash.sys\config\DVMExportService.exe [x]
S2 HP Support Assistant Service;HP Support Assistant Service;c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\hpsa_service.exe [x]
S2 HPDrvMntSvc.exe;HP Quick Synchronization Service;c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\HPDrvMntSvc.exe [x]
S3 L1C;NDIS Miniport Driver for Atheros AR8131/AR8132 PCI-E Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20);c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\L1C62x86.sys [x]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\svchost]
LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation REG_MULTI_SZ SSDPSRV upnphost SCardSvr TBS FontCache fdrespub AppIDSvc QWAVE wcncsvc
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\active setup\installed components\{10880D85-AAD9-4558-ABDC-2AB1552D831F}]
2008-12-07 07:18 451872 ----a-w- c:\program files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSRunOnce.exe
Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder
2012-09-10 c:\windows\Tasks\GoogleUpdateTaskUserS-1-5-21-273259891-1689532266-3284971045-1000Core.job
- c:\users\evenkeel\AppData\Local\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe [2011-01-12 05:36]
2012-09-11 c:\windows\Tasks\GoogleUpdateTaskUserS-1-5-21-273259891-1689532266-3284971045-1000UA.job
- c:\users\evenkeel\AppData\Local\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe [2011-01-12 05:36]
2012-08-26 c:\windows\Tasks\HPCeeScheduleForevenkeel.job
- c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Ceement\HPCEE.exe [2010-09-14 04:15]
------- Supplementary Scan -------
uStart Page = hxxp://search.startnow.com/s/?src=startpage&provider=&provider_name=startnow&provider_code=&partner_id=999&product_id=10&affiliate_id=&channel=&toolbar_id=&toolbar_version=&install_country=&install_date=20120904&user_guid=AD041EEED7E544F28FAC7D0DFE06B52D&machine_id=f5e53c9c97417f2af8135c4d4475e7e5&browser=IE&os=win&os_version=6.1-x86-SP0&iesrc={referrer:source}
mStart Page = hxxp://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=en_US&c=94&bd=Pavilion&pf=cnnb
IE: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - c:\progra~1\MIF5BA~1\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
FF - ProfilePath - c:\users\evenkeel\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xjs214z6.default\
FF - prefs.js: browser.search.selectedEngine - StartNow
FF - prefs.js: keyword.URL - hxxp://search.startnow.com/s/?src=addrbar&provider=&provider_name=startnow&provider_code=&partner_id=999&product_id=10&affiliate_id=&channel=&toolbar_id=&toolbar_version=&install_country=&install_date=&user_guid=AD041EEED7E544F28FAC7D0DFE06B52D&machine_id=f5e53c9c97417f2af8135c4d4475e7e5&browser=FF&os=win&os_version=6.1-x86-SP0&q=
- - - - ORPHANS REMOVED - - - -
Toolbar-{CCC7A320-B3CA-4199-B1A6-9F516DD69829} - (no file)
WebBrowser-{CCC7A320-B3CA-4199-B1A6-9F516DD69829} - (no file)
HKCU-Run-StartNow Search Protect - c:\program files\StartNow Toolbar\search_protect.exe
HKLM-Run-HP BTW Detect Program - c:\program files\HP\HPBTWD.exe
HKLM-Run-ROC_roc_dec12 - c:\program files\AVG Secure Search\ROC_roc_dec12.exe
AddRemove-{6F44AF95-3CDE-4513-AD3F-6D45F17BF324} - c:\program files\InstallShield Installation Information\{6F44AF95-3CDE-4513-AD3F-6D45F17BF324}\setup.exe
--------------------- LOCKED REGISTRY KEYS ---------------------
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E96D-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0000\AllUserSettings]
@Denied: (A) (Users)
@Denied: (A) (Everyone)
@Allowed: (B 1 2 3 4 5) (S-1-5-20)
"BlindDial"=dword:00000000
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E96D-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0001\AllUserSettings]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E96D-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0002\AllUserSettings]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\ControlSet001\Control\PCW\Security]
@Denied: (Full) (Everyone)
Completion time: 2012-09-10 21:48:06
ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt 2012-09-11 02:48
Pre-Run: 84,560,510,976 bytes free
Post-Run: 93,351,800,832 bytes free
- - End Of File - - 84B8CBA18726DDE34472682E32EAE5CF

No problems during. mysearchresults is still active, hijacking my search engine; and the StartNow toolbar is still up.

TheAngryPeasant

Edited by TheAngryPeasant, 10 September 2012 - 10:01 PM.

#7 gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Bleepin Gringo

• Malware Response Team
  • 135,966 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:06 PM

Hello

Lets get a deeper look into the system and see if something shows up.

Download and run OTL

Download OTL by Old Timer and save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click on OTL.exe to run it.
  • Under Output, ensure that Minimal Output is selected.
  • Under Extra Registry section, select Use SafeList.
  • Click the Scan All Users checkbox.
  • Click on Run Scan at the top left hand corner.
  • When done, two Notepad files will open.
    • OTL.txt <-- Will be opened and the that I need posted back here
    • Extra.txt <-- Will be minimized - save this one on your desktop in case I ask for it later
  • Please post the contents of OTL.txt in your next reply.

Gringo

#8 TheAngryPeasant

TheAngryPeasant
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:43 PM

Gringo,
quick question: should I be running any of these programs in Safe Mode?

#9 gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Bleepin Gringo

• Malware Response Team
  • 135,966 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:53 PM

only if they will not run in normal mode

gringo

#10 TheAngryPeasant

TheAngryPeasant
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:29 PM

Gringo,
I tried to run OTL scan, but each time nothing would happen, and the program would become unresponsive. Also, two notepad docs spontaneously appeared on the desktop (both titled desktop.ini). Here's their content:

[.ShellClassInfo]
LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21799
[LocalizedFileNames]
Norton Internet Security.lnk=@C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~2\Branding\muis.dll,-102
Microsoft Office - 60 Day Trial.lnk=@C:\PROGRA~1\MIDDD5~1\mui\oaa.dll,-103

[.ShellClassInfo]
LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21769
IconResource=%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-183

#11 gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Bleepin Gringo

• Malware Response Team
  • 135,966 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:27 AM

Hello

-AdwCleaner-

• Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
  • Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on Delete.
  • Confirm each time with Ok.
  • Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
  • Please post the content of that logfile with your next answer.
  • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.

#12 TheAngryPeasant

TheAngryPeasant
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:46 AM

Hey Gringo,

done:

# AdwCleaner v2.001 - Logfile created 09/13/2012 at 00:37:03
# Updated 09/09/2012 by Xplode
# Operating system : Windows 7 Starter (32 bits)
# User : evenkeel - EVENKEEL-PC
# Boot Mode : Normal
# Running from : C:\Users\evenkeel\Desktop\adwcleaner.exe
# Option [Delete]

***** [Services] *****

***** [Files / Folders] *****

File Deleted : C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\eBay.lnk
Folder Deleted : C:\Program Files\AVG Secure Search
Folder Deleted : C:\ProgramData\Babylon
Folder Deleted : C:\ProgramData\InstallMate
Folder Deleted : C:\ProgramData\Premium
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\evenkeel\AppData\LocalLow\boost_interprocess
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\evenkeel\AppData\Roaming\Babylon

***** [Registry] *****

Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\AppDataLow\Software\Crossrider
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{95B7759C-8C7F-4BF1-B163-73684A933233}
Key Deleted : HKLM\Software\Babylon
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{E7DF6BFF-55A5-4EB7-A673-4ED3E9456D39}
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{03E2A1F3-4402-4121-8B35-733216D61217}
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{9E3B11F6-4179-4603-A71B-A55F4BCB0BEC}
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{9C049BA6-EA47-4AC3-AED6-A66D8DC9E1D8}
Key Deleted : HKLM\Software\Freeze.com
Value Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\New Windows\Allow [*.crossrider.com]

***** [Internet Browsers] *****

-\\ Internet Explorer v9.0.8112.16421

Restored : [HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes - DefaultScope]
Restored : [HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes - DefaultScope]
Restored : [HKU\S-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes - DefaultScope]
Restored : [HKU\S-1-5-19\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes - DefaultScope]
Restored : [HKU\S-1-5-20\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes - DefaultScope]
Replaced : [HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main - Start Page] = hxxp://search.startnow.com/s/?src=startpage&provider=&provider_name=startnow&provider_code=&partner_id=999&product_id=10&affiliate_id=&channel=&toolbar_id=&toolbar_version=&install_country=&install_date=20120904&user_guid=AD041EEED7E544F28FAC7D0DFE06B52D&machine_id=f5e53c9c97417f2af8135c4d4475e7e5&browser=IE&os=win&os_version=6.1-x86-SP0&iesrc={referrer:source} --> hxxp://www.google.com

-\\ Mozilla Firefox v14.0.1 (en-US)

Profile name : default
File : C:\Users\evenkeel\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xjs214z6.default\prefs.js

Deleted : user_pref("browser.search.selectedEngine", "StartNow ");
Deleted : user_pref("keyword.URL", "hxxp://search.startnow.com/s/?src=addrbar&provider=&provider_name=startnow[...]

-\\ Google Chrome v21.0.1180.89

File : C:\Users\evenkeel\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Preferences

Deleted [l.20] : homepage = "hxxp://search.startnow.com/s/?src=startpage&provider=&provider_name=startnow&provider_code=&partner_id=999&product_id=10&affiliate_id=&channel=&toolbar_id=&toolbar_version=&install_country=&install_date=20120904&user_guid=AD041EEED7E544F28FAC7D0DFE06B52D&machine_id=f5e53c9c97417f2af8135c4d4475e7e5&browser=CR&os=win&os_version=6.1-x86-SP0",
Deleted [l.24] : urls_to_restore_on_startup = [ "hxxp://search.startnow.com/s/?src=startpage&provider=&provider_name=startnow&provider_code=&partner_id=999&product_id=10&affiliate_id=&channel=&toolbar_id=&toolbar_version=&install_country=&install_date=20120904&user_guid=AD041EEED7E544F28FAC7D0DFE06B52D&machine_id=f5e53c9c97417f2af8135c4d4475e7e5&browser=CR&os=win&os_version=6.1-x86-SP0" ]
Deleted [l.1386] : homepage = "hxxp://search.startnow.com/s/?src=startpage&provider=&provider_name=startnow&provider_code=&partner_id=999&product_id=10&affiliate_id=&channel=&toolbar_id=&toolbar_version=&install_country=&install_date=20120904&user_guid=AD041EEED7E544F28FAC7D0DFE06B52D&machine_id=f5e53c9c97417f2af8135c4d4475e7e5&browser=CR&os=win&os_version=6.1-x86-SP0",
Deleted [l.1799] : urls_to_restore_on_startup = [ "hxxp://search.startnow.com/s/?src=startpage&provider=&provider_name=startnow&provider_code=&partner_id=999&product_id=10&affiliate_id=&channel=&toolbar_id=&toolbar_version=&install_country=&install_date=20120904&user_guid=AD041EEED7E544F28FAC7D0DFE06B52D&machine_id=f5e53c9c97417f2af8135c4d4475e7e5&browser=CR&os=win&os_version=6.1-x86-SP0" ]

AdwCleaner[R1].txt - [4219 octets] - [13/09/2012 00:35:26]
AdwCleaner[S1].txt - [4523 octets] - [13/09/2012 00:37:03]

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt - [4583 octets] ##########

Hurray! StartNow and mysearchresults are both gone. The two random notepad logs are still there. But my browsers are both back to normal.

#13 gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Bleepin Gringo

• Malware Response Team
  • 135,966 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:38 AM

Greetings

The notepad logs will they delete?

At this time I would like you to run this script for me and it is a good time to check out the computer to see if there is anything else that needs to be addressed.

:Run CFScript:

Open Notepad and copy/paste the text in the box into the window:

ClearJavaCache::

Save it to your desktop as CFScript.txt

Refering to the picture above, drag CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe
Posted Image
This will let ComboFix run again.
Restart if you have to.
Save the produced logfile to your desktop.

Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall

Note 2: If you recieve an error "Illegal operation attempted on a registery key that has been marked for deletion." Please restart the computer

"information and logs"

• report from Combofix
  • How is the computer doing now after running the script?

Gringo

#14 TheAngryPeasant

TheAngryPeasant
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:11 PM

Hey Gringo,

here's the combofix log:

ComboFix 12-09-10.04 - evenkeel 09/13/2012 15:39:20.2.2 - x86
Microsoft Windows 7 Starter 6.1.7600.0.1252.1.1033.18.1015.389 [GMT -5:00]
Running from: c:\users\evenkeel\Desktop\ComboFix.exe
Command switches used :: c:\users\evenkeel\Desktop\CFScript,txt
((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2012-08-13 to 2012-09-13 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2012-09-13 20:56 . 2012-09-13 20:56 -------- d-----w- c:\users\Default\AppData\Local\temp
2012-09-13 19:31 . 2012-09-13 19:31 56200 ----a-w- c:\programdata\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Definition Updates\{DEA18CD7-E1C0-40E0-AA89-796B21816626}\offreg.dll
2012-09-13 18:06 . 2012-09-13 18:06 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Common Files\Skype
2012-09-13 18:06 . 2012-09-13 18:06 -------- d-----r- c:\program files\Skype
2012-09-12 19:38 . 2012-08-02 17:05 490496 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\d3d10level9.dll
2012-09-11 19:48 . 2012-08-23 07:15 7022536 ----a-w- c:\programdata\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Definition Updates\{DEA18CD7-E1C0-40E0-AA89-796B21816626}\mpengine.dll
2012-09-04 08:08 . 2012-09-11 02:05 -------- d-----w- c:\programdata\SecTaskMan
2012-09-04 03:02 . 2012-09-04 03:02 -------- d-----w- c:\users\evenkeel\AppData\Local\StartNow
2012-08-26 02:14 . 2012-08-26 02:57 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Real
2012-08-15 08:06 . 2012-07-06 19:31 393216 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\bthport.sys
2012-08-15 02:12 . 2012-05-05 07:44 400896 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\srcore.dll
2012-08-15 02:12 . 2012-07-18 17:10 2344448 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\win32k.sys
2012-08-15 02:12 . 2012-02-11 05:44 492032 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\win32spl.dll
2012-08-15 02:12 . 2012-02-11 05:41 316928 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\spoolsv.exe
2012-08-15 02:12 . 2012-07-04 21:23 41472 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\browcli.dll
2012-08-15 02:12 . 2012-07-04 21:23 102912 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\browser.dll
2012-08-15 02:12 . 2012-05-14 04:37 768512 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\localspl.dll
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2012-08-26 03:15 . 2012-05-15 07:17 73416 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl
2012-08-26 03:15 . 2012-05-15 07:17 696520 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\FlashPlayerApp.exe
2012-07-14 00:17 . 2012-08-26 03:29 136672 ----a-w- c:\program files\mozilla firefox\components\browsercomps.dll
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown
REGEDIT4
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\~\Browser Helper Objects\{ABD3B5E1-B268-407B-A150-2641DAB8D898}]
2009-06-08 21:41 120104 ----a-w- c:\program files\Common Files\Homepage Protection\HomepageProtection.dll
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"LightScribe Control Panel"="c:\program files\Common Files\LightScribe\LightScribeControlPanel.exe" [2008-12-07 2387968]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"SynTPEnh"="c:\program files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe" [2009-06-12 1533224]
"SysTrayApp"="c:\program files\IDT\WDM\sttray.exe" [2009-06-29 458844]
"UpdatePRCShortCut"="c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\Recovery\MUITransfer\MUIStartMenu.exe" [2009-05-20 222504]
"Adobe Reader Speed Launcher"="c:\program files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe" [2011-01-31 35760]
"HP Software Update"="c:\program files\Hp\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe" [2008-12-08 54576]
"WirelessAssistant"="c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Wireless Assistant\HPWAMain.exe" [2009-07-23 498744]
"QuickTime Task"="c:\program files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" [2009-11-11 417792]
"iTunesHelper"="c:\program files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe" [2010-02-16 141608]
"Adobe ARM"="c:\program files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe" [2010-09-21 932288]
"IgfxTray"="c:\windows\system32\igfxtray.exe" [2009-09-24 141848]
"HotKeysCmds"="c:\windows\system32\hkcmd.exe" [2009-09-24 173592]
"Persistence"="c:\windows\system32\igfxpers.exe" [2009-09-24 150552]
"DivXUpdate"="c:\program files\DivX\DivX Update\DivXUpdate.exe" [2011-07-28 1259376]
"SunJavaUpdateSched"="c:\program files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe" [2012-01-18 254696]
c:\users\evenkeel\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
OpenOffice.org 3.2.lnk - c:\program files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\quickstart.exe [2009-12-15 384000]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\system]
"ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin"= 5 (0x5)
"ConsentPromptBehaviorUser"= 3 (0x3)
"EnableUIADesktopToggle"= 0 (0x0)
[HKEY_USERS\.default\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\system]
"WallpaperStyle"= 2
R2 SkypeUpdate;Skype Updater;c:\program files\Skype\Updater\Updater.exe [x]
R3 BBSvc;Bing Bar Update Service;c:\program files\Microsoft\BingBar\BBSvc.EXE [x]
R3 MozillaMaintenance;Mozilla Maintenance Service;c:\program files\Mozilla Maintenance Service\maintenanceservice.exe [x]
R3 RSUSBSTOR;RtsUStor.Sys Realtek USB Card Reader;c:\windows\system32\Drivers\RtsUStor.sys [x]
R3 RtsUIR;Realtek IR Driver;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\Rts516xIR.sys [x]
R3 SrvHsfHDA;SrvHsfHDA;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\VSTAZL3.SYS [x]
R3 SrvHsfV92;SrvHsfV92;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\VSTDPV3.SYS [x]
R3 SrvHsfWinac;SrvHsfWinac;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\VSTCNXT3.SYS [x]
S1 DVMIO;DVMIO;c:\splash.sys\config\dvmio.sys [x]
S1 vwififlt;Virtual WiFi Filter Driver;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\vwififlt.sys [x]
S2 AESTFilters;Andrea ST Filters Service;c:\windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\stwrt.inf_x86_neutral_ee8b9ab8d1b9a68e\aestsrv.exe [x]
S2 BBUpdate;BBUpdate;c:\program files\Microsoft\BingBar\SeaPort.EXE [x]
S2 DvmMDES;DeviceVM Meta Data Export Service;c:\splash.sys\config\DVMExportService.exe [x]
S2 HP Support Assistant Service;HP Support Assistant Service;c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\hpsa_service.exe [x]
S2 HPDrvMntSvc.exe;HP Quick Synchronization Service;c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\HPDrvMntSvc.exe [x]
S3 L1C;NDIS Miniport Driver for Atheros AR8131/AR8132 PCI-E Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20);c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\L1C62x86.sys [x]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\svchost]
LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation REG_MULTI_SZ SSDPSRV upnphost SCardSvr TBS FontCache fdrespub AppIDSvc QWAVE wcncsvc
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\active setup\installed components\{10880D85-AAD9-4558-ABDC-2AB1552D831F}]
2008-12-07 07:18 451872 ----a-w- c:\program files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSRunOnce.exe
Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder
2012-09-13 c:\windows\Tasks\GoogleUpdateTaskUserS-1-5-21-273259891-1689532266-3284971045-1000Core.job
2012-09-13 c:\windows\Tasks\GoogleUpdateTaskUserS-1-5-21-273259891-1689532266-3284971045-1000UA.job
2012-08-26 c:\windows\Tasks\HPCeeScheduleForevenkeel.job
- c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Ceement\HPCEE.exe [2010-09-14 04:15]
------- Supplementary Scan -------
uStart Page = hxxp://www.google.com
IE: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - c:\progra~1\MIF5BA~1\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
FF - ProfilePath - c:\users\evenkeel\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xjs214z6.default\
--------------------- LOCKED REGISTRY KEYS ---------------------
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E96D-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0000\AllUserSettings]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E96D-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0001\AllUserSettings]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E96D-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0002\AllUserSettings]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\ControlSet001\Control\PCW\Security]
@Denied: (Full) (Everyone)
Completion time: 2012-09-13 16:03:38
ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt 2012-09-13 21:03
ComboFix2.txt 2012-09-11 02:48
Pre-Run: 99,294,183,424 bytes free
Post-Run: 99,269,206,016 bytes free
- - End Of File - - 434E3EC246500BC72E6EBB9FF596B587

No problems running the script or otherwise. The computer seems to be working more smoothly. As for the two mysterious notepads, I get a warning that windows may not function correctly if I delete them.

#15 gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Bleepin Gringo

• Malware Response Team
  • 135,966 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:40 PM

Go ahead and delete them

These logs are looking allot better. But we still have some work to do.

Please print out these instructions, or copy them to a Notepad file. It will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps..

uninstall some programs

NOTE** Because of the cleanup process some of the programs I have listed may not be in add/remove anymore this is fine just move to the next item on the list.

You can remove these programs using add/remove or you can use the free uninstaller from Revo (Revo does allot better of a job)

Programs to remove

Adobe Reader 9.4.3 MUI
Bing Bar
Java™ 6 Update 31
jZip
Premiumplay Codec-C
[/list]

• Please download and install Revo Uninstaller Free
  • Double click Revo Uninstaller to run it.
  • From the list of programs double click on The Program to remove
  • When prompted if you want to uninstall click Yes.
  • Be sure the Moderate option is selected then click Next.
  • The program will run, If prompted again click Yes
  • when the built-in uninstaller is finished click on Next.
  • Once the program has searched for leftovers click Next.
  • Check/tick the bolded items only on the list then click Delete
  • when prompted click on Yes and then on next.
  • put a check on any folders that are found and select delete
  • when prompted select yes then on next
  • Once done click Finish.

Update Adobe Reader

Recently there have been vulnerabilities detected in older versions of Adobe Reader. It is strongly suggested that you update to the current version.

You can download it from http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
After installing the latest Adobe Reader, uninstall all previous versions.
If you already have Adobe Photoshop® Album Starter Edition installed or do not wish to have it installed UNcheck the box which says Also Download Adobe Photoshop® Album Starter Edition.

If you don't like Adobe Reader (53 MB), you can download Foxit PDF Reader(7 MB) from here. It's a much smaller file to download and uses a lot less resources than Adobe Reader.

Note: When installing FoxitReader, be careful not to install anything to do with AskBar.
[/list]

Install Java:

Please go here to install Java

• click on the Free Java Download Button
  • click on Agree and start Free download
  • click on Run
  • click on run again
  • click on install
  • when install is complete click on close

Clean Out Temp Files

• This small application you may want to keep and use once a week to keep the computer clean.

Download CCleaner from here http://www.ccleaner.com/

• Run the installer to install the application.
  • When it gives you the option to install Yahoo toolbar uncheck the box next to it.
  • Run CCleaner. (make sure under Windows tab all the boxes of Internet Explorer and Windows explorer are checked. Under System check Empty Recycle Bin and Temporary Files. Under Application tab all the boxes should be checked).
  • Click Run Cleaner.
  • Close CCleaner.

: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware :

• I would like you to rerun MBAM
  • Double-click mbam icon
  • go to the update tab at the top
  • click on check for updates
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is Checked (ticked) except items in the C:\System Volume Information folder and click on Remove Selected.
  • When completed, a log will open in Notepad. please copy and paste the log into your next reply
  • If you accidentally close it, the log file is saved here and will be named like this:
  • C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt

Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.
Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.
If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

Download HijackThis

If you have any problems running Hijackthis see NOTE** below (Host file not read, blank notepad ...)

• Go Here to download HijackThis Installer
  • Save HijackThis Installer to your desktop.
  • Double-click on the HijackThis Installer icon on your desktop. (Vista and Win 7 right click and run as admin)
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
  • Click on Install.
  • It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
  • Once installed it will launch Hijackthis.
  • Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
  • Click on Edit > Select All then click on Edit > Copy to copy the entire contents of the log.
  • Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
  • DO NOT use the Analyze This button its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.
  • DO NOT have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

NOTE**
sometimes we have to run it like this To run HijackThis as an administrator, right-click HijackThis.exe
(located: C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HiJackThis\HiJackThis.exe)<--32bit
(located: C:\Program Files(86)\Trend Micro\HiJackThis\HiJackThis.exe)<--64bit
and select to run as administrator

"information and logs"

• Log From MBAM
  • report from Hijackthis
  • How is the computer doing now?

Gringo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users