Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Asus G74SX Laptop

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Itachi1991

Itachi1991

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:10 PM

I have an Asus G74SX Laptop that I've had for short time a few months tops. The problem started happening after I had my teacher show me how to activate my other HDD so I could use my full 1TB of HDD using the MMC /A to acitivate it. Once in there my teacher couldn't understand why the computer wouldn't let me set the HDD to a basic form rather than Dynamic form. He said it would be fine though and ever since then I keep getting this loading in background icon about every 30 seconds or so and while it doesn't effect normal tasks I find it extremely hard to game because it does cause lag issues for me.

Things that I've done...

Scanned computer with Trendmicro House call Deep scan twice
Scanned with Avast deep scan twice
Scanned with the TDSSKill deep scan
Scanned with Combofix
Formatted my E: (Newly activated drive)

I'm not sure what else to do... I have my recovery discs on the way but if I can resolve this issue without them I would be very happy

I appreciate any and all help but it doesn't seem to be a virus if combofix didn't fix it.

I attached Combofix log if that would help any

*Moderator Edit: Moved topic from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Queen-Evie*

Attached Files

Edited by Queen-Evie, 01 September 2012 - 07:41 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Itachi1991

Itachi1991
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:04 PM

I'm not sure how situation falls under viruses/Trojans since no one has even attempted to answer my question but okay... this forum was moved

Any feedback is appreciated

#3 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 33,660 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:53 PM

Hi,

Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.
  • Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

• Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

• Please reply to this post so I know you are there.
The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.

----------------------------------------------

It was moved because you added scanner logs (including Combofix which you really shouldn't be attempting to run)

Please download aswMBR ( 511KB ) to your desktop.
  • Double click the aswMBR.exe icon to run it
  • Click the Scan button to start the scan
  • On completion of the scan, click the save log button, save it to your desktop and post it in your next reply.

[If I have helped you fix your PC then please donate. Thanks
jetian6yw.jpg
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

#4 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 33,660 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:01 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days. Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.
[If I have helped you fix your PC then please donate. Thanks
jetian6yw.jpg
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users