Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer screen has water stains, what to do?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Samuel72991

Samuel72991

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:13 PM

Sorry, I do not know if this topic relates to internal hardware, please move thread if needed.

I used water to clean my computer screen but I didn't wipe off the water off the screen!
I thought it will dry off (without dripping inside the inner sections).

Now... my screen has water stains in them and I cannot remove them!! What should I do??!? Please respond asap.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 424 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:57 PM

Sorry, just gotta ask. Are the water stains on the inside or outside of the screen? Is this a laptop?

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#3 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,228 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:28 PM

they make screen cleaner wipes, you can purchase them at your local computer store and even wal-mart, purchase them and wipe off with them. If you can't find them, alchohol wipes work to.
Posted Image
Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: ASUS ATI 4890 and a Saphire 4890 in Crossfire, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.
Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte 4550, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: OCZ Fatal1ty 550 watt modular PSU, OS: Windows 7 Ultimate.
If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#4 rotor123

rotor123

• 7,303 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:07 PM

If the water stains are inside the LCD screen itself that is a problem. Laptop or Desktop?
A LCD screen (Includes LED screens) is made up of layers. If the water got between the layers that will be very tough to fix as it would require disassembling the LCD panel itself.

I did find this for a laptop screen.
How I took apart and repaired my notebook LCD screen with water damage

Yesterday took apart and repaired my notebook LCD screen with water damage. The screen itself was working just fine but it had two different problems.

- previous owner spilled water on the laptop. Somehow the water got inside the LCD screen and left stains inside the screen. The water marks were very noticeable on a white background and it was very irritating.
- the screen also had dust and lint inside also very noticeable on a white background. I have no idea how it got in there but I decided to clean it up too.

If this is the problem be prepared to replace the LCD since this type of repair is a royal bleep to do properly.

Good Luck
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

July 79.4

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users