Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cannot load adobe flash player

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Wildwacker

Wildwacker

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 AM

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:45 PM

The message I have received is:
"A required file (C://Windows\system32\macromed\flash\FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe:5) could not be written due to insufficient permissions."
I have followed these procedures from adobe:
Windows
If you are viewing this page in Firefox and Flash Player is not working, please click here for an HTML5 version of this video: YouTube HTML5 HD Link
1. Download the current uninstaller
Uninstaller for Windows
2. Close all browser windows and run the uninstaller
3. Restart Windows
4. Delete all remaining files and folders located in the following directories. (tip: copy and paste these paths into the path bar in an Explorer window)
C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash (if you are using a 64-bit system)
%appdata%\Adobe\Flash Player
%appdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player
5. Verify that the files “FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl”, "FlashPlayerApp.exe", and "FlashPlayerInstaller.exe" in C:\Windows\system32\ (for 32-bit systems) or C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ (if you are using a 64-bit system) have been deleted. If any of these files cannot be deleted, use Unlocker to remove them from your system.
Note that you may not see the .exe suffix on FlashPlayerApp.exe and FlashPlayerInstaller.exe, depending on your Explorer settings.

I have completed all the procedures and I still get the same error message. I am an administrator for this computer, but I installed another user as an administrator and completed the procedures for that account with the same results.
What do you suggest?
Thanks,
Terry

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 62,348 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:47 PM

Hello, I think this is your Permission issue.... How do I fix Windows permission problems with Flash Player?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?
Staying Updated Calendar of Updates.
For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook Have you seen..Select Real Security

#3 Wildwacker

Wildwacker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:55 AM

Thank you for responding.
That is not exactly my problem. I cannot load Adobe Flash Player at all, in any account.
I have gone thru the procedures from Adobe but it did not help. I did try an additional step by finding any flash type files on my D: drive in addition to my C: drive. When I searched my D: drive for "%appdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player" I found one file I could not delete: Flash10h.ocx on the D: drive.
Gives me the following error:
“You need permission to perform this action
You require permission from S-1-5-21-76460121-2682608932-920383150-1006 to make changes to this file”
I did go through the procedure you recommended by downloading "SubInACL" and "reset_fp11.bat" and downloading as administrator reset_fp11.bat, but it did not help.
Thanks,
Wildwacker

#4 Wildwacker

Wildwacker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:51 AM

I just restored my computer to an earlier time and the Flash Player is now working.
Don't know if the previous problem will reoccur but for now it is working.
Wildwacker

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 62,348 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:25 PM

Sounds good,
How do I get help? Who is helping me?
Staying Updated Calendar of Updates.
For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook Have you seen..Select Real Security

#6 garcarstive

garcarstive

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 AM

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:32 AM

Adobe flash player is very important to playing some videos and you can use this player for generating best videos. There are best sound videos available and try to play some related videos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users