Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Failure Settings

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Raven38

Raven38

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:03 AM

I have Windows 7 64bit and I am trying to set the system up to not automatically restart if it crashes and when it crashes to write a mini dump file. However after I deselect restart automatically and select mini dump and click ok and exit, I see that all settings are reverted to default settings.

any help will be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 7,075 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:09 PM

Have you tried hitting F8 when windows starts to load and choose

Disable automatic restart on system failure

Prevents Windows from automatically restarting if an error causes Windows to fail. Choose this option only if Windows is stuck in a loop where Windows fails, attempts to restart, and fails again repeatedly.

Advanced startup options (including safe mode)

Good Luck
Roger

Edited by rotor123, 21 August 2012 - 12:11 PM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

Feb., March 48.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users