Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Incomplete File Downloads

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 kgurtis

kgurtis

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:07 AM

Hi there,

Whenever I try to download ANY type of file from the internet, my Windows 7 downloads it normally until 80-90% complete, but never completes.

This problem affects:

Software Updates (Firefox, Apple, Adobe, Java can't update when needed)

EXAMPLE Adobe Update Fail:
Posted Image

Music Downloads (iTunes files download incomplete or don't work)
Video Streaming (Youtube files will not load at all)
PDF and Word Documents

I ran a security check with the anti-virus SecureIT Pro which found and quarantined trvideoconverter_exe.exe. After uninstalling the program, and deleting the file I still can't download files. So I think it may be something the software is unable to detect. Do you know of a virus that leeches downloads from a computer?

Could it be a problem related to my SecureIT? The program is reporting that its virus definitions are out of date, but when I try to update them, it appears to download correctly, yet still says virus definitions are out of date...

Any help would be appreciated!

Edited by kgurtis, 15 August 2012 - 02:32 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users