Greetings and Welcome to The Forums!!
My name is Gringo
and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.
I have put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of us
- Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.
- We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.
- Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
- Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.
- Please read every post completely before doing anything.
- Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.
- Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
- A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.
At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic
Button, select Immediate Notification
, and click on Proceed
. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster. NOTE:
Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of hartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer. NOTE:
It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad
. Please remember to copy the entire post
so you do not miss any instructions.Security Check
- Download Security Check by screen317 from here.
- Save it to your Desktop.
- Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
- A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
You may be asked to install or update the Recovery Console (Win XP Only)
if this happens please allow it to do so (you will need to be connected to the internet for this)
Before you run Combofix I will need you to turn off any security software you have running, If you do not know how to do this you can find out >here<
Combofix may need to reboot your computer more than once to do its job this is normal.
You can download Combofix from one of these links.Link 1Link 2Link 3
1. Close any open browsers or any other programs that are open.
2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
Double click on combofix.exe
& follow the prompts.
When finished, it will produce a report for you. Note 1: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote 2: If you recieve an error "Illegal operation attempted on a registery key that has been marked for deletion." Please restart the computer"information and logs"
- In your next post I need the following
- Log from Combofix
- let me know of any problems you may have had
- How is the computer doing now?