that's good to hear, we just have some housekeeping to do now, please do the following:
You can delete the DDS
and all the Farbar
logs and programs from your desktop.
NEXTFollow these steps to uninstall Combofix
If there are any logs/tools remaining on your desktop > right click and delete them.NEXT
- Make sure your security programs are totally disabled.
- Press the WinKey +R to open a run box
- Now copy/paste Combofix /uninstall into the runbox and click OK. Note the space between the ..X and the /U, it needs to be there.
Below I have included a number of recommendations for how to protect your computer against malware infections.
- It is good security practice to change your passwords to all your online accounts on a fairly regular basis, this is especially true after an infection. Refer to this Microsoft article
Strong passwords: How to create and use them Then consider a password keeper, to keep all your passwords safe. KeePass is a small utility that allows you to manage all your passwords.
- Keep Windows updated by regularly checking their website at :
This will ensure your computer has always the latest security updates available installed on your computer.
- Make Internet Explorer more secure
- Click Start > Run
- Type Inetcpl.cpl & click OK
- Click on the Security tab
- Click Reset all zones to default level
- Make sure the Internet Zone is selected & Click Custom level
- In the ActiveX section, set the first two options ("Download signed and unsigned ActiveX controls) to "Prompt", and ("Initialize and Script ActiveX controls not marked as safe") to "Disable".
- Next Click OK, then Apply button and then OK to exit the Internet Properties page.
- Download TFC to your desktop
It's normal after running TFC cleaner that the PC will be slower to boot the first time.
- Close any open windows.
- Double click the TFC icon to run the program
- TFC will close all open programs itself in order to run,
- Click the Start button to begin the process.
- Allow TFC to run uninterrupted.
- The program should not take long to finish it's job
- Once its finished it should automatically reboot your machine,
- if it doesn't, manually reboot to ensure a complete clean
- WOT, Web of Trust, warns you about risky websites that try to scam visitors, deliver malware or send spam. Protect your computer against online threats by using WOT as your front-line layer of protection when browsing or searching in unfamiliar territory. WOT's color-coded icons show you ratings for 21 million websites, helping you avoid the dangerous sites:
WOT has an addon available for both Firefox and IE
- Green to go
- Yellow for caution
- Red to stop
- Keep a backup of your important files - Now, more than ever, it's especially important to protect your digital files and memories. This article is full of good information on alternatives for home backup solutions.
- ERUNT (Emergency Recovery Utility NT) allows you to keep a complete backup of your registry and restore it when needed. The standard registry backup options that come with Windows back up most of the registry but not all of it. ERUNT however creates a complete backup set, including the Security hive and user related sections. ERUNT is easy to use and since it creates a full backup, there are no options or choices other than to select the location of the backup files. The backup set includes a small executable that will launch the registry restore if needed.
- In light of your recent issue, I'm sure you'd like to avoid any future infections. Please take a look at this well written article:
PC Safety and Security--What Do I Need?.
Thank you for your patience, and performing all of the procedures requested.
Please respond one last time so we can consider the thread resolved and close it, thank-you.