Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

visicom_antiphishing virus help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 helptheputerdisabled

helptheputerdisabled

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 PM

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:30 PM

Okay so I am not very computer savvy, so I will try to describe this the best that I can. I keep getting a notification from my system tray that says:

visicom_antiphishing.exe_corruptfile. The file or directory c:/shift is corrupt and unreadable . Please run the desk check utility.

Other symptoms that my computer have are:

When I turn the computer on it has a loud beeping sound. It beeps loud for a few minutes and then when it stop beeping I get an error message that blinks on the screen that goes on and off so fast I can't read it. Then them computer comes on. During use I get the visicom message.

Also, all 3 USB ports stopped working, I do not know if this is related, either way, I do need this issue addressed also.

thank you for your help. I use this laptop to make money and if I don't have it up and running I am in big trouble since I am a single lady supporting myself and two kids!!

I am running windows 7 if that is important information.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

I'm Fishin'

• Members
  • 10,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 AM

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:28 PM

Hello and Welcome -
"Please run the desk check utility." <<< Have you done this yet ?? Basic instructions are below -

Run a Disk Check on your C: drive in Windows 7:

•Click Start and open Computer
•Right-click on C, or your main hard drive: and select Properties
•Click on the Tools tab
•Under Error-checking click the Check Now... button
•Mark the box next to Automatically fix file system errors and Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors
•Click on the Start button
•When the message box pops up, click the Schedule disk check button and Restart your computer
•Once your computer restarts it will check the drive, don't press any keys or shut down power, so that it is allowed to do the check.

NOTE:- This can take (usually) 1 hour or a bit more for all 5 stages to complete - Once started please make a coffee or do something else while the program completes.
It will Reboot back to your normal screen when finished -

Please post back if the problem continues after this, so it can be checked out further - :)

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users