Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sirefef virus and automatic restart

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 R-Type

R-Type

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 PM

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:25 PM

Hello, my laptop appears to have caught the sirefef virus yesterday I'm not sure which version but I saw several listed when my Microsoft Security Essentials kicked in to quarantine it, I'll try my best to remember what happen and explain it.

I was on Goggle searching and then I got the annoying Get Answers page so I closed the browser and ran my Malwarebytes and it found about 5 trojans and cleaned them out but suddenly my MSE was shut off and I tried to turn it back on but it didn't work, so I tried to uninstall and re-install it again and it seem to have work after reinstalling. It started to located a virus name sirefef, there were several located so I tried to quarantine, however I got a message that said "You are about to be logged off: Windows has encountered a critically problem and will restart automatically in one minute. Please safe your work now.". Within one minute I was restarted while in process of quarantine.

After restarting, it started to pop the same message again and forced another auto restart. So I went to F8 mode and tried to do it in Safe Mode with Networking, same message and auto restart happened again. I did this with just Safe Mode only, and same thing happened again. I also tried the options Disable automatic restart upon failure and Use last known good configuration mode and no luck there either. I have also tried the Repair you PC option and managed to do a System Restore but that didn't work.

Its impossible to do anything with my computer constantly restarting, can anyone help me please?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 61,605 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 PM

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:12 PM

Hello, Please download the Avira AntiVir Rescue System .

Place a blank CD in your burner and double-click on the rescue system package (rescuecd.exe) to burn it to a CD/DVD which you can then use to boot your computer and run a scan. For detailed instructions, refer to the Tutorial for Avira Rescue CD. If you encounter problems running Avira AntiVir Rescue System, you can get further assistance at the Avira Tools Support Forum.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?
Staying Updated Calendar of Updates.
For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook Have you seen..Select Real Security

#3 R-Type

R-Type
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:51 PM

I can't do it, my CD drive is gone.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 61,605 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:04 PM

Do you have a Flash Drive?

Edited by boopme, 11 July 2012 - 10:05 PM.

For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....

#5 R-Type

R-Type
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:49 PM

Yes.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 61,605 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:57 AM

copy it to that and then run it from there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users