Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer says I'm not administrator but I am

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sn0zb0z

sn0zb0z

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 AM

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:41 AM

I've just restored my computer. It states my account is the administrator but when trying to set up security settings for automatic updates it tells me I need the administrators permission.

There's a number of things under the control panel with a shield thing next to them and I can't click any of them due to needing administrator rights.

How can I become the administrator? I can't even click change account type.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sn0zb0z

sn0zb0z
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:05 AM

The computer is Windows Vista (32 bit.

Now my laptop has suddenly decided I'm the administrator as well. I've had this months, it hasn't been restored or anything and I haven't changed any settings. This is Windows 7 (32 bit).

Both Acer computers.

With my laptop I had the administrator problem on a file I just created on Photoshop. Thought maybe it was just that. However, I went to delete a couple of folders that I don't want on the laptop and it came up with the administrator problem again.

Edited by sn0zb0z, 11 July 2012 - 06:06 AM.

#3 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:56 AM

Hi,

Maybe this will help: http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/182527-vista-says-im-not-an-administrator-but-im-the-only-account/.

Arrow down to PsychPosse's response and follow instructions to add the Administrator account.

Good luck.

Regards,
Brooks

#4 sn0zb0z

sn0zb0z
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:07 AM

Thanks, but that would surely still mean I have to go onto another account for all the admin stuff if I stay using my own account? I didn't have to do that before. I had one account and it was fine.

Same goes for my laptop, although I'm still confused as to why it suddenly decided today I no longer had permission.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users