Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

affecting your Facebook account

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cowboys2006

cowboys2006

• Members
  • 214 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 PM

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:07 PM

ok i am getting this annoying message from facebook. I dont want to install mcafee becasue I have panda antivirus. can anyone help me with this and if anyone having this issues too. Thank you This message only happens with this computer it works fine with my other computer this is a fairly new computer. here is the message froim facebook

Secure Your Account
It looks like you downloaded software that is affecting your Facebook account and showing you unauthorized ads. It's common for people to be tricked into running programs that offer features that aren't available on Facebook, such as adding custom themes or seeing who has viewed your profile.

What is Adware?

This software will show you spammy ads that aren't approved by Facebook. They can also introduce security vulnerabilities, slow down your computer, and clutter up your news feed with ads so that you end up missing content from your friends.

If you would rather continue using this software, you may stop this process by clicking on "Log Out" in the upper right hand corner. Note that you won't be able to use Facebook from the computer where this software is installed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dolby

Dolby

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 PM

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:51 PM

My first suspicion is that your account got hacked - I WOULD NOT click on anything that it supplies. I would tend to believe that the message is NOT from FB at first, & change FB password, & see if the monkey business stops.

#3 Dolby

Dolby

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 PM

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:55 PM

Also go into your "account" & "privacy" settings & look for & delete all of the "likes" & applications that you don't want. 3rd party FB developers have a sneaky way of getting in if you click "like" or "share" on some things, (clickjacking & likejacking)& such.

#4 cowboys2006

cowboys2006
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 214 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:11 PM

let m e try that and see if that helps will post once i get something thanks

#5 cowboys2006

cowboys2006
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 214 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:31 PM

ok i tried changing passwords and other things but it still does not work. However it does let me access my account on internet explorer on this computer. I also tried a different computer and it worked with fire fox??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users