Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MyStart

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jeannepete

jeannepete

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 AM

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:38 PM

I did a search for MyStart by Incredibar in order to find out how it was added to my computer and how to get rid of it. Your web site led me to believe you could help! I have three grown children who majored in Computer Science in college but who live in 3 different states, nowhere close to me, so they're no help. I've been using a computer for over 30 years and it's still not clear to me how these things get added. If it's an easy fix, I can do it myself, but if it's complicated, I need to find someone to help. Please give me advice.
jeannepete

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jeannepete

jeannepete
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 AM

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:06 PM

MyStart has taken over MyWay homepage. How can I get rid of it!
jeannepete

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 62,409 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:42 PM

Hello and welcome, please repost this info in a new topic in the Am I Infected forum. We will gladly help you there.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?
Staying Updated Calendar of Updates.
For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook Have you seen..Select Real Security

#4 rotor123

rotor123

• 7,694 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:45 PM

:welcome: For reference links below.
Am I infected? What do I do?
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum103.html

Forum Rules
When posting your problem, do not run and post a ComboFix log. ComboFix is a tool that should only be run under the supervision of someone who has been trained in its use. Using it on your own can cause problems with your computer. Any posts containing CF Logs will be ignored.

To receive help, you should instead provide a detailed description of your problem, detailed word-for-word error messages that you are receiving, screenshots of strange behaviour, and your operating system. This information is much more useful to our helpers than a ComboFix log.

If you have not received help after three days, please post a link to your topic http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic400074.html.

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

111 @ October 19

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users