After going through cleaning and malware/spyware scanning processes in the thread linked below, it was decided that my headset might be the cause of extreme lag when i am playing diablo3, or browsing the internet with it running in the background. I also have somewhat high CPU usage (between 15%-30%) when i only have Diablo3 and 1 or 2 websites open at the same time. I did a system restore earlier today because my computer started freezing after doing all the malware scans etc, whereas before that i was only experiencing lag so not sure what happened there. Other than that i haven't done anything else because i have no idea what to do or what's causing the problems. The link to the thread i first made to look into the problem is linked below and i have provided my computer specs as well. If anyone can help, please let me know if there is any other information you may need.
Windows 7 professional
Service pack 1
64 bit operating system
Intel Core i7 CPU 1.73 Ghz
Thanks in advance
Update 1 - I have installed updated software. Will see if that fixes the problem and reply here.
PS. Forgot to add my Logitech Headset type, added it to the OP.
EDIT: merged 3 posts into 1 so it doesn't look like 9 help replies~~ boopme
Update 2 - I updated my headset software but i am still having the same problems. I thought since the subject is my headset now that i should also say that it is constantly losing signal enough so that it an annoyance, and it keeps telling me it only has 1h left before it goes flat, which is impossible because im not using it wirelessly atm. I'm also hearing a ticking noise every so often. It makes several tick noises then stops and does the same thing throughout the day every so often.
Edited by padme, 20 June 2012 - 01:51 AM.