Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Worm.Parite

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dtomko

dtomko

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:32 AM

I have a system running SBS 2003. It was popping up with Windows File Protection, insert a disc error:
"Windows File Protection
Files that are required for Windows to run properly have been replaced by
unrecognised versions. To maintain system stablility, Windows must restore
the original versions of these files. Insert your Windows 2003 for Small
Business Server CD's"

After some research online I came to the conclusion that it was probably a virus. Installed Malwarebytes and ran it, and there was an ungodly amount of infections. The first log is posted first below. After cleaning, and rebooting everything was running fine. This was on Friday 6/8. Checked the server this morning and it was sluggish again, and had the same WFP pop up happening. So I ran Malwarebytes once again and it found 266 infections. Did the clean up once again and the reboot. However I'm fairly certain this isn't going to resolve it.

I ran TDSSKiller and it came back clean. I can do HiJackThis if needed however I have as of yet not done that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by dtomko, 11 June 2012 - 11:35 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:38 AM

I would suggest that you give the following a try: http://free.avg.com/us-en/remove-parite

If that fails, then I would recommend the following:

Please follow the instructions in ==>Malware Removal and Log Section Preparation Guide<==.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include the link to this topic in your new topic and a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

Once you have created the new topic, please reply back here with a link to the new topic.

Most importantly please be patient till you get a reply to your topic. If you receive a reply from the HelpBot, then please follow the instructions outlined in the helpbot's post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users