Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Crypt file removal

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lilpmplugz99

lilpmplugz99

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 PM

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:45 PM

My machine having WINDOWS XP SP2 OS has been infected by some kind of virus which has changed extension of all the files (like .doc, .xls, .jpg, .pdf) to .crypt. So now the files are all like .doc.crypt.

Next, if I rename this files and remove the extension, the file is not recovered. The file seems to have got encrypted in some way or it has corrupt data inside it.

I am not able to make out which virus has such a behaviour because I have tried anitivirus like NAV, AVG and some other but none of them can detect this problem and help me to recover the files.

Kindly send any information about this problem and how to recover infected files.

Edited by hamluis, 11 June 2012 - 09:37 AM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 34,251 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 AM

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:00 AM

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at Step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users