Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

QYTREW VIRUS THAT HAS INFECTED MY D-LINK ROUTER

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

#31 heyronstaaar

heyronstaaar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:06 PM

Sir i dont think thats an option because i dont know how to uninstall programs on the computer let alone reinstall it :inlove:

i really think that this virus on the computer likes to decide when to pop up and what not -___-

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#32 CatByte

CatByte

bleepin' tiger

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,478 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:10 AM

did your computer come pre-installed with Microsoft Office? or do you have the disks?

(don't do this unless you have installation disks)
To uninstall a program > go to Start > Control panel > programs and Features > scroll down to the program you wish to uninstall and click "uninstall"

then to re-install > insert your installation disks and follow the prompts

but I think what you are actually seeing is a setup wizard > trying to get you to set up the program, I'm not sure why you can't turn that off, you should be able to

Edited by CatByte, 18 June 2012 - 09:11 AM.

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may btn_donate_SM.gif
Microsoft MVP - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

#33 heyronstaaar

heyronstaaar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:16 AM

It came with the computer sir.. And i don't think outlook is making me set it up ...because it didn't do it before ...

#34 CatByte

CatByte

bleepin' tiger

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,478 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:50 AM

If you are certain that you don't need or use Outlook, then follow the instructions here to remove it:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/install-or-remove-individual-office-programs-and-components-HA001234067.aspx
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may btn_donate_SM.gif

#35 CatByte

CatByte

bleepin' tiger

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,478 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:11 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days. Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users