Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

reunstalled pc runs really slow,memory lost idk where

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 misterfreazer

misterfreazer

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:07 AM

hi everyone,
well,i have a computer i had to reinstall it lately,even after doing it,it's so slow,it crashes when starting programs i always use,i got the All CPU meter gadget from windows 7,usually when i have no program running it shows at least 1350 kbs of free memory (since i have 2 Gbs of ram memory)now all i got is 1030 at max,and the worse is when i start any program,it goes down so quick,even messenger or skype,it goes down with like 600 Kbs!just unbelievable...
oh,i got this : processor : Quad Core 9400 : 2.66 Ghz
Ram : 2048 Mbs
HDD : 500 Gbs

i kept trying to remove my anti virus,to try another one,same thing,any program takes lots of memory
i controlled the running processes,it doesn'r show much taken memory,which is not what shows the CPU meter...
i tried even to run windows on very basic way...no big changes
Thanks for anyone who would try to help me in this...

Oh my Hijackthis log :
Mod Edit: Removed HJT log, not allowed/used in this forum...no indication of malware described by OP - Hamluis.

THNX alot

Edited by hamluis, 30 May 2012 - 04:58 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Brooklyn Born Bleep

• Members
  • 1,904 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 AM

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:12 AM

>>>>Ram : 2048 Mbs<<<

Hi, I'm NOT an expert so I won't make any suggestions beside the obvious IMHO-- Add more RAM. Windows 7 will run with 2gb, but in my (limited) experience it will run better with 4gb +.

You also need to supply more info to any subsequent helpers. Since you posted in the Win 7 forum we'll assume you're running 7. Which flavor? Home, Pro, Ultimate? 32 bit? 64bit? What is the make model of your PC? If custom build, what other hardware/ graphics/ etc? Are you a gamer...etc... Give as much info as you can.

Hope this helps.:)

#3 noknojon

noknojon

Almost Retired

• Members
  • 9,881 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 PM

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:37 AM

Also >>"i kept trying to remove my anti virus,to try another one,same thing,any program takes lots of memory"<

Which program were you trying to remove, and what were you going to replace it with ?

As above, please post as much information as you can or even better
Publish a Snapshot using Speccy =<<Follow These Directions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users