I recently reinstalled Windows on my machine and have been hunting down drivers, and I think I picked up a redirect virus along the way.
I've dealt with MyStart Search and Incredibar before, but despite my efforts, I cannot seem to get rid of the last bits of this infection.
Things I've done already:
- Run scans with both Malwarebytes and Microsoft Security Essentials
- Followed other site's instructions for locating rogue files in locations like System32, Temp, and ProgramData
- Located and terminated several mystartsearch/incredibar registry entries
- Uninstalled Incredibar.com toolbar from all of my browsers/the AddRemove Programs list
- Rebooted after many/all of these steps
The only indication remaining that I have an infection is that when I go to duckduckgo.com, it redirects me to mystartsearch. All other websites and search engines I've encountered are functioning normally. My home pages are normal. My search bars are normal. I don't get redirected away from Google or Yahoo. It's only duckduckgo that's giving me the problem.
Thank you for your assistance.