Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A M D Catalyst. What is this, please?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Reena

Reena

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 PM

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:08 AM

Somehow last month my grandson installed A M D Catalyst Install Manager on my PC. He doesn't recall doing so (!!) and I don't know why it is there.

What is this, please? I run Windows 7, Internet Explorer 9 and have Avira Free Anti-Virus, Zone Alarm, MalWareBytes Anti Malware, Super AntiSpyware Professional installed plus Microsoft's own Security Essentials.

My PC seems to be running slower than usual and I am beginning to wonder if A M D is the cause.

If you are able to offer advice I would be really grateful.

My THANKS in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 7,750 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:55 AM

It's your video card driver.
http://www.amd.com/us/products/technologies/amd-catalyst/pages/catalyst.aspx

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 27,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 PM

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:31 AM

If you're so inclined you can uninstall the Install Manager. If and or when you need to update video card drivers. You can install the Install Manager again to update.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown

Posted Image

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 Reena

Reena
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 PM

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:02 PM

Thank you, Allan, and Animal.

I can always rely on this site for help.

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 27,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 PM

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:07 PM

You're welcome on behalf of all us here at Bleeping Computer.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown

Posted Image

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 7,750 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:29 PM

You're most welcome.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users