Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ComboFix

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Prudensia

Prudensia

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:00 PM

Please I need Help!. I installed ComboFix on my laptop. I carefully followed all the instructions that were given on how to run the software. But wheh it got to auto scan the program stopped running (freezed). I left it overnight to run and still nothing changed. I had to switched off my computer and reinstart it. I then swiched my antispyware(microsoft essentials.) and firewall. Everything is working properly. I can go to the internet and browse. But I am not sure that combofix was able to remove any spyware or malware from my laptop because it was unable to complete the autoscan.
I tried deleting the program by going to the start button and clicking run and then typed combofix /u in the run box. A page pops out saying to run or cancel the combofix/exe file. I click on the run button and then a black screen pops on my computer and I can see many combo files being deleted and extracted. After 3-5mins the screen will dissapear and auto scan screen will appear on my laptop. It will run for a while and then feeze. I repetedly tried to unisntall and I keep receiving thesame result. I will be very gratefull if someone can help me uninstall combofix.

Thanks a Lot!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 30,794 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 PM

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:41 AM

The correct way to uninstall ComboFix can be found here.
  • When finished you will see a dialog box stating that "ComboFix has been uninstalled".
  • After that, you can remove the ComboFix.exe program from your Desktop by right-clicking and choosing delete.
  • If you encounter any problems using the switch from the Run dialog box, just rename ComboFix.exe to Uninstall.exe, then double-click on it to remove.
If ComboFix is no longer on your Desktop, re-download it from here, save to the Desktop (<-Important!!!) and follow the instructions above to properly uninstall it from your computer.

Afterwards, please do not run ComboFix again. This is because people should not be using ComboFix without being advised to do so by a trained expert (see here) who is assisting them deal with a malware problem.
Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security 2007-2014 MVP.gif

Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

#3 Prudensia

Prudensia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:26 PM

Thanks a lot!!! :thumbsup: :thumbup2: This was very helpfull. I learnt my lesson, never to install combofix without the help of a professional.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 30,794 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 PM

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:20 AM

You're welcome.
Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security 2007-2014 MVP.gif

Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

0 user(s) are reading this topic