Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Operation Failure

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Yepytzme

Yepytzme

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:18 AM

Hi every/any body. I have a problem with my e-mail. I cannot send or receive mail, it keeps popping up with a window that states:"554 Transaction failed. Cannot send mail due to possible abuse. Please visit http://postmaster.yahoo.com/abuse_smtp.html"
I've tried [almost] everything but cannot fix it. I've checked the web for 554 errors, none apply to me, I've checked with my email provider and internet provider no results.
I need help, short of uninstalling the program and losing everything in there I desperately need a resolve.
Dell Inspiron 530
Windows XP home Edition
Service Pack 3
Rogers High Speed Internet [cable]

Please do not reply via email....[obviously doesn't work]

Edited by hamluis, 13 May 2012 - 01:00 PM.
Moved from XP to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 balon

balon

• Members
  • 432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:19 AM

Emailed you the answer. (kidding)

Well just saying, Cannot send mail due to possible abuse

Did you do something stupid which someone on yahoo reported you for? Real life threats? anything like that? etc (not going to state a bunch of long lawish terms)

#3 Yepytzme

Yepytzme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:15 PM

Hi Balon,
Nope, nothing stupid...wouldn't do that, not my style. Everything worked fine day before, yesterday morning opened my email and it started receiving mail...10%, 20% up 100%, then the pop up window said Operation Failed. Did all the registry checks, spyware/malware checks..nadda!

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,417 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:54 PM

Maybe your email has been hacked and you don't even know it. Maybe you are sending spam to your address book without your knowledge. Have you gone to that Yahoo page to look into it further? It may be as simple as changing your email password.

#5 Yepytzme

Yepytzme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:00 PM

Re: Frankp316

Nope, I don't do spam, I don't do abuse, I just communicate with my close contacts. Yes I did talk to Yahoo, Rogers, Incredimail, everything is according to the requirements for smtp, address, name, etc., etc.. In Yahoo mail it works without problems, it's just IncrediMail that has the flaw. Unfortunately incredimail does not have a 'phone' contact and I can't send an issue problem since the email doesn't work.
Totally lost!

#6 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:08 PM

Sounds like they may have blocked your IP address due to spam/security issues. Even if it wasn't you doing it, a neighbor or someone who had the same WAN IP previously may have had an infected PC, etc.

I would recommend running your IP through a blacklist check (http://whatismyipaddress.com/blacklist-check). Also, contact Yahoo again with your IP address and have them to check to see if for some reason your IP is in a blocked list. If it is, contact your ISP about it and they *should* get it removed for you.

I know you said that you've contacted them before, but it's going to take having the ticket/issue escalated a couple times before you get someone that knows whats going on.

Edited by NpaMA, 13 May 2012 - 08:08 PM.

#7 Yepytzme

Yepytzme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:36 PM

NpaMA, Thanks for the info. I did check and my IP address is not blacklisted. Also, the problem seems to me to be definitely and only "IncrediMail" related because I have no problem using Rogers Yahoo mail which, if it were 'blocked' then I would assume it would also have been blocked in their mail program.
I received a message, similar to yours, from an IncrediMail support person [again using Rogers Yahoo mail program] regarding POP3 and SMTP and I advised him that I did in fact contact Rogers mail provider and we did verify that the POP3 and the SMTP were correct as listed and I did not use the SSL.

Still at a loss.

#8 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,417 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:07 AM

If the problem is with IncrediMail and nothing else and there is no way to contact them, I don't see any other choice than to use a different product like the native Rogers Yahoo. Note to others: Rogers Yahoo is different from Yahoo as it is tied in with Rogers Cable here in Canada. So contacting Yahoo is pointless. They don't deal with Rogers Yahoo. And considering that the problem is with IncrediMail, contacting Rogers is pointless. It seems like a dead end if IncrediMail is in error and can't be contacted to fix the error.

#9 Yepytzme

Yepytzme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:46 AM

[semi]agreed. Although IncrediMail is by far a superior email program unfortunately it is owned by a company called Perion which is located in Jerusalem or Tel Aviv or some foreign place like that and that being said they don't seem to be all too concerned with IncrediMail customers here in Canada. The [another] strange thing is when I open IncrediMail it shows 'receiving 1, 2, 3...' then error. I click 'ok' and about 5 seconds later it shows 'receiving 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 emails received..100%', but there's nothing in the in box. I go to Yahoo mail and the 5 emails are sitting there waiting for me..but..in the 'spam' box which is still readable.
Guess I have no alternative but to switch to Yahoo until such time as this issue is resolved. Don't want to remove it because I have about 30 sites that I use frequently with a multitude of information in there that I don't want to lose.

Thanks for your info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users