Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Full page mouse

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 JXBlack

JXBlack

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 AM

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:31 AM

I have recently re installed Free Commander in my WinXP and I have lost my status bar and now have a full page mouse.

If I have 55 files in a certain directory. I can see 19 of these files and if I scroll down with my mouse a view of the next 19 files pops up. If I scroll down with my mouse 1 more time then last 17 files appears.

The FC forum says this is not an FC control and I have not changed my mouse for years.

Any ideas

Thanks

Edited by hamluis, 03 May 2012 - 09:11 AM.
Moved from XP to All Other Applications - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 43,881 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:54 AM

I would try uninstalling and then reinstalling it.

Many problems with programs installed in Windows...are problems with file corruption in the program and can often be overcome by uninstalling/reinstalling.

What status bar...are you referring to, please?

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 02 May 2012 - 09:56 AM.

#3 JXBlack

JXBlack
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:11 PM

Thank you for your reply.

I have re installed Free Commander twice and I sill have a full page mouse.

The horizontal status bar that I want is in the in the right panel. (file list)

#4 Deepak Ram

Deepak Ram

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 PM

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:26 PM

Hi, What i can suggest u is to
Uninstall the free commander and
Change the display settings by right clicking on the desktop and selecting Graphics Properties and change the screen resolution according to your Monitor

#5 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,078 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:47 PM

Open the Control Panel and then open the Mouse Properties window. Switch to the Wheel tab and adjust the scroll speeds to preference:

Posted Image

To quickly open the Mouse Properties window, you can use this command from the Run... dialog in the Start Menu:
control main.cpl,@0

x.png
Boredom Software Stop Highlighting Things

#6 JXBlack

JXBlack
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:47 AM

The full page mouse has returned on my Free Commander after I restored my system. It magically went away and now it has magically returned.

I had 2 responses to my previous posting and neither one gives me back my status bar, I don;t understand what mouse speed has to do with having a full page mouse?

Pease help

Thanks

Edited by hamluis, 08 May 2012 - 08:38 AM.
Merged topics - Hamluis.

#7 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,078 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:55 PM

I don;t understand what mouse speed has to do with having a full page mouse?

It's not clear what, exactly, the issue you are facing is. You said "full screen mouse" but that doesn't mean anything to any of us; we're guessing. Describe exactly what is happening and what you would prefer to have happening.

x.png

#8 JXBlack

JXBlack
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:48 AM

Full Page Mouse

Free Commander has 2 panels. The left panel lists directories and the right panel lists files.If I have say 25 files in a certain directory then the first19 will appear. With a Full Page Mouse . if I click the scroll wheel on my mouse all 19 items disappear and files #20 to #25 appear.

In the past, a scroll bar appeared in this panel and I could use me mouse to bring up files 2 thru 20 or 3 thru 21 etc etc

I want the scroll bar back.

I hope this is clear.

#9 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,078 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:23 PM

Oh, I see now. It's Free Commander that's not scrolling properly, NOT the rest of Windows. Right? If that's the case then I'm not sure how to fix it.

x.png

#10 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 28,075 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:26 PM

It appears that the issue you have is application specific. I would suggest you report it as a bug on the FreeCommander forums: http://www.forum.freecommander.com/

This way you may have your problem addressed by persons who are much more familiar with the application.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown

Posted Image

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users