Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Woe to the idiots

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dr.gonz0

dr.gonz0

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 AM

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:16 AM

OK... so Monday's 0day drop/version update revealed some information I haven't seen before. A phone number!

888-887-7721

This goes to some chimps at a company called "soft logic". I spent a few hours poking, prodding, and yes trolling them to get the following information. Ruin my customer's day, time for me to be the bringer of Karma and ruin theirs hahaha!. I either spoke with a "Catherine" or a "Louie" who were incredibly shady in their phone demeanor.

From what I gathered they are an outsourced support company (supposedly) that provides customer service to all versions of, Smart HDD, System Check, System Fix, and Defrag Pro. It is yet to be confirmed if this is a couple of jack@$$es posing as Soft Logic or the real company. A contact of mine living in India says they're a new company. By the time this post gets read the number could have been changed.

Giving the benefit of the doubt, I did suggest that if they are the kinda company they say they are, they will drop the contract and do support for Dell or something. May suck but atleast it's more honest work.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 424 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 AM

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:31 PM

So your point...if they are legit they should work for a legit company. Or you are giving the computer world a "heads up" that they aren't legit.
You lost me somewhere...

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#3 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Brooklyn Born Bleep

• Members
  • 1,865 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 AM

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:06 PM

You don't see the irony in offering "customer service" for malicious programs such as Smart HDD, System Check, System Fix, and Defrag Pro? :whistle:

#4 dr.gonz0

dr.gonz0
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 AM

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:26 PM

So your point...if they are legit they should work for a legit company. Or you are giving the computer world a "heads up" that they aren't legit.
You lost me somewhere...

I lost me somewhere when re-reading the post, damn I was tired hahaha. But a little bit from column A and a little from column B I guess.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users