Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No admin in ACL

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 stmach

stmach

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 PM

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:06 PM

I have had clean scans (McAfee, ESET Online, SpyBot - except 3 media cookies), but a SpyBot 2 Rootkit Deep Scan then returned the following result. I believe I completed a Rootkit quick scan first with no results, before seeing the deep scan option.

\\??\c:\doc..& Settings\All Users\App..Data\Microsoft\Office\Data No admin in ACL

I cannot find clear information on this as a problem or how to handle it. It sounds like a security hole to me, if the folder doesn't have an Access Control List. Why is it reported?

Also, MS Office is no longer on this computer. There are still these entries in Add/Remove Programs for Office. Should I remove them?

.... Microsoft Office 2007 Primary Interop Assemblies
.... Microsoft Office 2007 File Validation Add-Ins

Edited by stmach, 19 April 2012 - 11:05 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stmach

stmach
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 PM

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:04 PM

Actually, there's a log that states more. What do these hidden directory items mean?

// info: Rootkit removal help file
// copyright: © 2008-2009 Safer-Networking Ltd. All rights reserved.

:: RootAlyzer Results
File:"No admin in ACL","C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\OFFICE\DATA"
Directory:"Hidden directory","Files in Windows folder"
Directory:"Hidden directory","Files in System folder"
Directory:"Hidden directory","Global run entries"
Directory:"Hidden directory","Winlogon entries"
Directory:"Hidden directory","Invisible processes (from handles)"
Directory:"Hidden directory","Invisible processes (from threads)"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users