Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Uninstalling Windows Live Essentials and windows live mesh activex control for remote connections

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mania12

mania12

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 AM

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:39 AM

I downloaded Windows Live Essentials for the messenger but now I would like to unistall it. I went to Uninstall/Change Programs in my control panel to uninstall it and I noticed a program called Windows Live Mesh activex control for remote connections. What is that for? and can I uninstall that as well? My dilemma here is that I cannot seem to uninstall Windows Live Essentiials. I double clicked on it in the Uninstall/Change Programs list and and was given a window that gave me the options:
1)remove one or more Windows Live Programs
2)Repair all Windows Live Programs

I clicked on the first option but it never let me choose which programs to uninstall. It just quickly flashed a window that said "uninstalling" and then it showed me "Done! Your programs you selected have been uninstalled." I didn't get to select anything to uninstall though. In the end, Windows Live essential is still installed and I can't get rid of it.

Any suggestions guys?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R. I. T.S. (and proud of it)

• Global Moderator
  • 8,962 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 AM

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:39 PM

Someone else will have to advise you regarding Windows Live Mesh. I know nothing about that.

For Windows Live Essentials:
If you cannot remove WLE using add remove programs try Revo Uninstaller. If I remember correctly it will not ask which components you want to remove.

Here is how to use Revo Uninstaller:

1) First we download it from here: Revo Uninstaller Free Version. Scroll down the page for the free version download. You can skip this Step if you already have it installed. However, you may need to update it. If you have it installed already, and you need to update it, go ahead and open it up and click the AutoUpdate Icon next to Help. The use of this program makes registry changes based upon what you select for removal from the Registry. Before running Revo Uninstaller please run ERUNT before proceeding to back up your registry in case you make a mistake.

2) Select the Program to remove from the list of programs and click the Uninstall button:

Posted Image

3) After selecting the program you want to remove, and confirming you want to uninstall the program, then you will want to select the Advanced Option:

Posted Image

4) Click Next. This will start the uninstaller for the application you picked. When the uninstaller is done, and it proves to be successful, and a reboot is required, then select NO and continue the below steps.

5) Follow the prompts during the uninstallation of the application. Once it closes you will be at this window:

Posted Image

6) Click Next again. Once the window is done scanning for files and other things that did not get removed, you will be presented with this window:

Posted Image

You will want to select only the bolded items, then click on Delete. If any entries-usually the last thing listed and not in bold-have a + sign click on the + until you see more bolded items. Once done, click Next.

If it asks you to delete other files, then do so, but pay attention to the warnings.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 19 April 2012 - 02:54 PM.

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 5,969 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 AM

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:10 AM

You can uninstall Windows Live Mesh. It came bundled with the WLE.

From the Web: Microsoft Windows Live Mesh Review & Rating | PCMag.com
  • Pros Makes your files accessible from nearly any computer. Works on both Windows (Vista and later) and Mac (OS X 10.5 and later) PCs. Offer remote desktop control. Well-designed dashboard. 5GB free cloud storage included.
  • Cons History of name-changes makes some background information difficult to find. Introduces a suite of Windows Live tools, even if you're only interested in file-syncing. Not compatible with Windows XP.
  • Bottom Line Windows Live Mesh makes your files available to you from nearly anywhere with an easy-to-understand service that's ideal for Windows Live users. It's slightly less appealing to those who are not interested in other components of Windows Live Essentials, however.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”
Lawrence M. Krauss

#4 mania12

mania12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 AM

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:16 PM

Ok I'll unistall both of them. Thanks for the advice :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users