Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

why are my videos so glitchy?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Curious Mew

Curious Mew

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 AM

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:19 PM

Often I like to watch videos on my computer from many different websites. Each website I have visited over the past few months, the video has been very glitchy in a few different forms. The video loads fine and the audio sounds fine, but the picture likes to distort itself in a couple different ways:

• every 2-4 seconds the picture likes to freeze for about 1 second, before resuming the course of the video.
  • physical glitches coming from the left and right corners of the video. I would capture a screenshot of what this looks like, but it happens so abruptly (somewhere between every 10-60 seconds), it is a bit hard to capture.
  • I did attach a Google Images example of the third glitch my video seems to experience; this glitch only seems to happen at the beginning of the video, and happens very rarely.
I am using Firefox 11.0

Help? :blink:

Attached Files

Edited by Curious Mew, 14 April 2012 - 08:20 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,630 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:16 AM

hi.giving that most computers today have dvd players in them have you tried playin a dvd ,or is it just videos from the web ,also would you care to share the sites you have problems with ,as it most likely there fault and not yours,and you use firefox do you get the same glitches with IE8

Edited by caperjac, 15 April 2012 - 06:17 AM.

:bananas: The story of a young boy growing up in Cape Breton and becoming heavily addicted to IV Drugs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApCvjXGUQ_Y&feature=youtu.be

aug 2014, last week this young man lost his life in a single car accident on his way to work ,so sad

#3 Curious Mew

Curious Mew
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 AM

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:16 AM

hi.giving that most computers today have dvd players in them have you tried playin a dvd ,or is it just videos from the web ,also would you care to share the sites you have problems with ,as it most likely there fault and not yours,and you use firefox do you get the same glitches with IE8

the glitches only seem to happen with web videos such as YouTube and many different news sites such as ABC, CBS, and FOX.

I only use Firefox, I never have any use for Internet Explorer :P

#4 James Litten

James Litten

Ԁǝǝ˥q

• BC Advisor
  • 1,917 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:29 PM

Hi

I noticed this issue in videos I watch in Firefox since the last Flash update but they run smooth in IE. Here is a video that I just tested in both.
Plane carrying shuttle Discovery

Intermittent little skips in Firefox. Very smooth in IE.

Don't know if it is the same problem as yours but mine looks like an issue with the Flash plugin for Firefox.

James

#5 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,630 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:15 PM

the glitches only seem to happen with web videos such as YouTube and many different news sites such as ABC, CBS, and FOX.

,hi, i really don't care what browser you use ,was just suggesting you try it with IE to see if works the same in both browsers

:bananas: The story of a young boy growing up in Cape Breton and becoming heavily addicted to IV Drugs.

aug 2014, last week this young man lost his life in a single car accident on his way to work ,so sad

#6 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,630 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:27 PM

Hi

I noticed this issue in videos I watch in Firefox since the last Flash update but they run smooth in IE. Here is a video that I just tested in both.
Plane carrying shuttle Discovery

Intermittent little skips in Firefox. Very smooth in IE.

Don't know if it is the same problem as yours but mine looks like an issue with the Flash plugin for Firefox.

James

for me it work flawless with both IE9 and Firefox 11.0, i have high speed Cable 40mbps

#7 James Litten

James Litten

Ԁǝǝ˥q

• BC Advisor
  • 1,917 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:39 PM

Yeah, it is only happening on the one machine and it only happens with the FF Flash plugin. Games, movies in VLC or Flash's activeX control work flawlessly at high definition. The one strange thing about it is that the audio is fine even while the video skips. I wonder if it has something to do with this machine being the only one I use with a Radeon card in it. The others are NVidia and Intel chipsets.

Anyhow, I haven't been bothered enough to try and troubleshoot it yet :)

Curious Mew, do you know what kind of video card your system has?

James

#8 rotor123

rotor123

• 7,654 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:45 PM

Nobody is trying to make you switch browsers. However since most windows machines have IE installed it makes a good test to compare the Firefox results against.

In my opinion Firefox in the last few versions has not been that good. I use it here for the spell check and for business work I Use Internet Explorer 8 & 9. They seem faster and smoother operating.

Good Luck
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

111 @ October 19

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users