Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

3GP> AVI or MPEG = Speedy Sound

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dezmond

Dezmond

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 PM

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:18 PM

Hey everybody, I've seen this problem mentioned online but no solutions that have worked for me at all. Also searched quite a bit here and didn't see anything. SO apple polly logies if this question has been solved previously.

Whether I play a 3GP video file on my computer or convert it to MPEG or AVI first, the sound and video is all jacked up. I'd estimate it's playing 25-50% faster than the file would on my phone. Changing the FPS to 12 made no difference or didn't take with the software I used.

I'm using Pazera Free 3GP to AVI Converter to convert and VLC for playback.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 7,101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:15 PM

I thought VLC could play the without conversion?

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

Feb., March 48.0

#3 Dezmond

Dezmond
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:52 PM

I thought VLC could play the without conversion?

#4 Dezmond

Dezmond
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:54 PM

Sorry If I was unclear. Plays it, yes but always at a faster speed than recorded or than it is on my phone. Recording music, so it shouldn't be all Chipmunked out. (:

Forgot to mention I am using XP SP3.

#5 rotor123

rotor123

• 7,101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:27 AM

Hi

You could try Freemake Free Video Converter
More details here: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Freemake-Video-Converter

NOTE! This is ADWARE, it includes a browser toolbar(bing or facemoods). It can be disabled when installing.

it says it can handle your input.
I use it myself sometimes.

Warning Be very careful installing it and read the screens to avoid installing the toolbar.
Facemoods I believe it is. It is a pain to get rid of so don't install it.
Single pass for speed and 2 pass for better quality. I use it to capture and convert Youtube videos.

http://www.freemake.com/free_video_converter/

200+ Input Formats

Input any video files: AVI, MP4, MKV, WMV, MPG, 3GP, 3G2, SWF, FLV, TOD, AVCHD, MOV, DV, RM, QT, TS, MTS, etc. Import music (MP3, AAC, WMA, WAV), and photos (JPG, BMP, PNG,GIF) to turn them into video free and easily!

Good Luck
Roger

Edited by rotor123, 05 April 2012 - 09:35 AM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

Feb., March 48.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users