Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virtual Memory Question

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 921 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 PM

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:04 AM

Lately I've had a window opening up and informing me that my "Virtual Memory Minimum is TOO LOw"

what is this and what do i do about it??

here's the info your probably gonna need:

I have a desktop Sony Vaio, Circa 2002
I'm running Windows XP Home
I'm running IE8,Service Pack2
Avast
malwarebytes

I f you need more info please ask....I'm not sure what else you'll need to know??

THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!!!

MissPlaced

You want to be great, Learn how to heal people, To hurt people is easy

Be Kinder then you have to be,you never know what battle someone else is fighting~~~
~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Editor

• BC Advisor
  • 3,717 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:17 AM

Hello, :)

Can you also please post the amount of ram that you have. Also I see that you are running sp2 any reason for not updating to sp3? Also post the model number of the computer so that if I need to I can look up any other specs I may need. :)

Edited by computerxpds, 28 March 2012 - 09:17 AM.

sigcomp.png
Please DO NOT PM me for computer help or advice, that is what our forums are for.
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | BC Welcome Guide | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat too!

#3 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 PM

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:21 AM

Right click my computer»tab immediatly to the right of the tab its on (i think its been awhile since I've done this, can't remember the name of it off the top of my head) » should be an advanced tab click that, in the window that pops up should be 3 options dealing with virtual memory, choose system managed size.
Posted Image
Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: ASUS ATI 4890 and a Saphire 4890 in Crossfire, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.
Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte 4550, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: OCZ Fatal1ty 550 watt modular PSU, OS: Windows 7 Ultimate.
If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#4 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,165 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:22 AM

If you can't find it tell me-been a long time since I've messed with virtual memory in xp and im on my phone at work so it makes looking stuff up difficult.
Posted Image
Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: ASUS ATI 4890 and a Saphire 4890 in Crossfire, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.
Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte 4550, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: OCZ Fatal1ty 550 watt modular PSU, OS: Windows 7 Ultimate.

#5 MissPlaced

MissPlaced
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 921 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:19 PM

@ the_patriot11,

THANK YOU!!
I found it and those directions were very easy and simple to follow!!

another wrong rited in "WHOVILLE".... :thumbup2: :lol:

THANKS SOOO MUCH!!

MissPlaced

@computerxpds,

THANK YOU SO MUCH as well for your offer of help!! I really appreciate it!!

( i was sittin here sayin ram?? ram?? what's ram?? and where do i find it?? :o :lol: )

MUCH APPRICIATED!!!

MissPlaced

You want to be great, Learn how to heal people, To hurt people is easy

Be Kinder then you have to be,you never know what battle someone else is fighting~~~
~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

#6 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,165 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:26 PM

Hehe actually your virtual memory is seperate from your physical memory (ram) virtual memory is located on your hard drive. Windows keeps active programs and such on it that are beibg constantly used.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users