Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browser timeout in Chrome and IE

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 carnivalofsorts

carnivalofsorts

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:17 AM

Hi Folks,

back to pick your collective brains again - i've been having a problem where my browser at first becomes sluggish, then hit and miss, then non responsive completely. I use Chrome mainly, but the problem appears to be with IE too.

When i open a new tab, the status at the bottom says " sending request " but the webpage will never open and the error is Error 118 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

This doesn't happen when i fist boot up my laptop, but by degrees. It will rectify itself if i either reboot, or reset my wireless router, but will happen again after a short space of time.

The odd thing is that traffic seems to be flowing properly - if i have anything going on outside the browser like MSN or yahoo messenger, or an online poker game - they all seem to be unaffected which makes it all the more frustrating.

I've no doubt its a setting that can be changed somewhere, but i'm at a loss as to what it might be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as always.
If there really was a god, then why is my ass the perfect height for kicking ???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 5,981 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:20 PM

Have you tried renewing/releasing your IP address under command prompt? You could also reset the router/modem by a paper clip. Other things you might try is reinstalling the network driver or with an updated version would be better. Clearing your cache and make sure you have the latest windows updates installed.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users