Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SpyHunter wants to boot on pc and canīt remove it.

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 marilou

marilou

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

So recently I downloaded spyhunter to try remove a annoying spyware, now it's gone, but i have a newer problem, always when i boot the pc this options come:

SpyHunter
Windows XP
Windows Vista/7

It goes automaticaly to spyhunter after some secs, does some searching things i think, and then goes back there, i have to choose manually for windows vista/7, i have only w7 installed.

I've removed it with your-uninstaller, removed from registry and everything..

I don't want to format the pc, any solutions?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 7,666 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:06 PM

You could try this.

Right click on Computer, select Properties. Advanced System settings.

Then under Startup & recovery, settings

default operating system

Select the one you want to start automatically

Good Luck
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

111 @ October 19

#3 marilou

marilou
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:12 PM

It didnīt help, there was only windows 7 in the selection sorry :S Thanks for trying still :S

#4 rotor123

rotor123

• 7,666 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:22 AM

Just to double check? Did you click the little down arrow in the default operating system section?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/

111 @ October 19

#5 Guest_Xircal_*

Guest_Xircal_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:44 AM

I hope you didn't spend any money getting Spyhunter. It's a very old program that dates from Windows 98 days and doesn't get updated very often. I would suggest using the free version of Malwarebytes which you can download from here: Download Malwarebytes Free Version

I'd also recommend you uninstall Spyhunter. To do that, click "Start", go to "Control Panel", then click "Programs and Features", find Spyhunter in the list, right click it and choose "Uninstall".

After that, open Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files\Enigma Software and delete the folder called "Spyhunter".

Removing it may also fix the problem you're having at the moment.

#6 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R. I. T.S. (and proud of it)

• Global Moderator
  • 9,441 posts
  •  
  • Location:Tuscaloosa, Alabama. No, I am not an Alabama fan. WAR EAGLE!!!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:05 AM

One thing you can do is download and install Everything Search.

This program alllows you to search your computer for files and folders. It is very quick during the search process.

Open and wait for the list to populate. Enter your search term, in your case spyhunter.

If you see any SpyHunter entries, you can RIGHT click on the entry name and delete the file or folder. THIS SHOULD ONLY BE DONE AFTER A PROGRAM HAS BEEN UNINSTALLED.
Even though I use Revo, which does a good job of finding things related to a program I uninstall, sometimes there are leftovers. Using Everything Search is a good way to find and delete what is left.

So recently I downloaded spyhunter to try remove a annoying spyware, now it's gone, but i have a newer problem, always when i boot the pc this options come:

SpyHunter
Windows XP
Windows Vista/7

It goes automaticaly to spyhunter after some secs, does some searching things i think, and then goes back there, i have to choose manually for windows vista/7, i have only w7 installed.

Thanks.

I take that to mean SpyHunter has already been uninstalled.

Boot screen options show you have to choose what to boot into-with SpyHunter being one of them.

I'm wondering if SpyHunter has somehow gotten added to the Boot Menu in System Configuration.

You can check by going to Start and typing msconfig in Search programs and files.

When msconfig opens click the Boot tab. If SpyHunter is there and you are satisfied that it has been uninstalled you can remove it from the list.

Highlight and then Delete.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 20 March 2012 - 11:18 AM.

#7 marilou

marilou
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:41 PM

One thing you can do is download and install Everything Search.

This program alllows you to search your computer for files and folders. It is very quick during the search process.

Open and wait for the list to populate. Enter your search term, in your case spyhunter.

If you see any SpyHunter entries, you can RIGHT click on the entry name and delete the file or folder. THIS SHOULD ONLY BE DONE AFTER A PROGRAM HAS BEEN UNINSTALLED.
Even though I use Revo, which does a good job of finding things related to a program I uninstall, sometimes there are leftovers. Using Everything Search is a good way to find and delete what is left.

SpyHunter
Windows XP
Windows Vista/7

Thanks.

I take that to mean SpyHunter has already been uninstalled.

Boot screen options show you have to choose what to boot into-with SpyHunter being one of them.

I'm wondering if SpyHunter has somehow gotten added to the Boot Menu in System Configuration.

You can check by going to Start and typing msconfig in Search programs and files.

When msconfig opens click the Boot tab. If SpyHunter is there and you are satisfied that it has been uninstalled you can remove it from the list.

Highlight and then Delete.

Thanks for your reply and trying to help me.

I've removed it completely, also done the search and remove the things that were left, i can only find windows7 as boot start, nothing else, I'm going to turn on and off again to see if it helped. Also I may post a video of what exactly happens if that helps.

#8 marilou

marilou
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:54 PM

It didn't work, but now i have a feeling it says something different when it boots with spyhunter, i have vidded it is and going to be on youtube soon

#9 marilou

marilou
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:09 PM

Here it is:

#10 rotor123

rotor123

• 7,666 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:53 PM

Hi, OK

From here Download aswmbr.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/anti-rootkit/aswmbr

Save the log and post it here. I suspect that Spyhunter replaced the MBR. Do not fix it yet, It is very important not to jump ahead and try fixing the problem without guidance or you could trash the Windows.

It should save a MBR.dat to your desktop.

If you could attach that as well as the log file

Use the full editor to reply if needed.

Good Luck
Roger

Edited by rotor123, 20 March 2012 - 02:54 PM.

111 @ October 19

#11 marilou

marilou
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:04 PM

Here it is:

Attached Files

#12 rotor123

rotor123

• 7,666 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:16 PM

Hi,

Courtesy of cryptodan.
While the computer is working it would not be a bad idea to back up anything you wouldn't want to lose.

Just to confirm the computer only has Windows 7 on it?

Cheers
Roger

111 @ October 19

#13 marilou

marilou
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:18 PM

Hi,

Courtesy of cryptodan.
While the computer is working it would not be a bad idea to back up anything you wouldn't want to lose.

Just to confirm the computer only has Windows 7 on it?

Cheers
Roger

Yes only windows 7.

I have everything backed up already. What should I do?

#14 marilou

marilou
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:34 PM

Should I click fixMBR?

Edited by marilou, 21 March 2012 - 03:43 AM.

#15 marilou

marilou
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:56 AM

Shall i click it?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

olgun52